Better luck next year... (1 Viewer)

fnholmes

Veteran
Reaction score
I, as a lifer Saints fan, am tired of hearing these words. Barring any major blowups in the roster or major injuries, I expect a Super Bowl appearance. BTW, I think it is Miami. Where did we win XLIV, Miami? Just saying.

Not only that, after we win in Miami in 2020, we get to repeat and win the 2021 SuperBowl in LA Rams new stadium. Just saying.

How did all those 09 similarities that everyone was so determined to point out this season work out? Can we just let 2019 be 2019?

Well, judging from our current trajectory, we should be in the big game next season. Hopefully we won't lose in some freaky fashion like these last 2 yrs

Meh! Idc what anyone has to say. 31 teams' fans end the year without a Lombardi. Only 1 team truly gets to trash talk. Most fans talking trash about our 2018 season, their season was over by week 6, or their team went on a 6 game losing streak, or we ended their favorite team's season, like we did against Philly, like Pitt, too. Still butthurt because we had a better season than they did. Imo, no one has earned the right to talk trash about the Saints not making it to the SB. The refs sent us home packing, and everyone knows it.

Not only that, after we win in Miami in 2020, we get to repeat and win the 2021 SuperBowl in LA Rams new stadium. Just saying.

That Super Bowl (LV) got moved to Tampa Bay due to construction delays that pushed the Inglewood stadium’s opening back a year from this year until 2020.

Since the League requires the new stadium to be in full operation for two years before the game, they re-issued that Super Bowl bid to the only other city in contention (Tampa) and gave Los Angeles the following Super Bowl in 2022.

All you can ask for is that your team puts together a contender. Then all you can hope for is for that team to reach the playoffs with as many pieces still intact as possible and a good playoff seeding.

After that, I guess you have to hope that you don't fall victim to one of those crazy last minute highlight reel plays that they show over and over for seasons to come. Whether it's a hope and prayer "throw-it-up" miracle, or a ROYAL ******** from the officials.

Our team did it's part two years in a row. I couldn't ask for more. I'm just hoping for at least one more shot at it while the window is still open.

I, as a lifer Saints fan, am tired of hearing these words. Barring any major blowups in the roster or major injuries, I expect a Super Bowl appearance. BTW, I think it is Miami. Where did we win XLIV, Miami? Just saying.
No doubt! Can't wait!

Unless you are the patriots, it is very difficult to replicate the same level of success year in and year out. Injuries and fluke plays happen... the NFC South is always a tough division. This past season was really an ideal situation. All home games throughout, 1st seed etc.. I'm not sure if the Saints will be able to duplicate that two years in a row. I hope I am wrong, but so many things just have to align... and they DID except for those blasted refs

This year was "Prove them right". I no longer give a crap about the Super Bowl .... I only care about next year being, The revenge Tour: Prove a point.

This year was "Prove them right". I no longer give a crap about the Super Bowl .... I only care about next year being, The revenge Tour: Prove a point.

Next year's slogan (stolen from Coach Yost in "Remember The Titans") should be "Run it up...LEAVE NO DOUBT"!

Not that I'd actually do this, but any fan that talks crap to how our season went down, the 'refs are only human', or does the better luck next year.. I think of this.

Again, would never do that, but I can't help but think of that scene.

I expect a Super Bowl appearance.
Though the infamous 'Non-call" was directly responsible for our elimination from the SuperBowl a week ago, I don't think it's ever a good plan to expect a SuperBowl berth no matter how good your team is. While I do anticipate such a level of performance, the idea that it is somehow 'in the bag' is merely a recipe for disappointment & frustration.

Making it to (and winning) the SuperBowl is HARD and always will be, no matter the quality of your team and organization. I'd rather keep my head out of the clouds until we see how the season actually plays out. Too many usual things can spoil your expectations.

I have thought on this a great deal, almost started a thread...

My ideal for the new season's theme, after 'do your job' & 'prove them right' ,... should be simple and to the point,... two words...

"Scorched Earth"

Because when your up by 3 scores and not playing 'prevent' defense, then zebras matter less.

My $.02
Sorry for the thread jack.
?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom