Better off w/o JB playin LT??? (1 Viewer)

Did you watch last year when we could not run the ball and this year we can. The only difference is he is not in the game.

Sorry, but no. There is another, much more significant, difference this year as opposed to years past and that is the new OL coach - Aaron Kromer.

Click pic to see more about Aaron Kromer

As for being better off without JB, have you guys not seen all the times that we have had Strief in the game as a 6th OL or shifted a running back to that side or set up a TE to give Bushrod some extra help? On many plays we lose a man because JB is not in there...

Did you watch last year when we could not run the ball and this year we can. The only difference is he is not in the game.

New run schemes, new O-Line coach, and we run more often. Also we had one of the highest YPC in the entire league when running off of the LT with JB in the game.

Your ignorance is showing.

Given the amount of extra pass protection we've had to devout to beefing up the left-side, taking people like Bush or Shockey out of the pass game more then we pay them for and Payton would like too, no. We're not.

Jammal Brown seemed inconsistent at times, but he also played almost always without any help. Payton and Brees love 5 receivers running routes, and we're not likely to get a lot of that for the rest of the season unless the play of the Left Tackle position picks up.

JB is definitely more experienced than JB.

It stinks that we might not have JB or JB healthy this weekend.

I guess we will see what ZS can do.

I wasn't happy with Brown's play last season, and thought it was ridiculous that he went to the pro bowl, but he is first on the depth chart for a reason -- the coaches see him as a better LT that the other players we have available.

As for saying he's not a run blocker -- not true. He was drafted for his run-blocking skills, so much so that Deuce called Jim Haslett on draft day to say "thanks, coach" for picking Brown to block for him.

Nicks is a year older. That is making a big difference too.

Maybe even the biggest difference is this is Goodwin's second year really running the offensive line too. Goodwin's done an awesome job this year, after I had some real concerns about him at times last year. He's going to be really tested this game though.

Maybe even the biggest difference is this is Goodwin's second year really running the offensive line too. Goodwin's done an awesome job this year, after I had some real concerns about him at times last year. He's going to be really tested this game though.
This.

Havent seen a Goodwin thread yet this year. He is doing a great job.

Everyone on the line is doing much better and they seem to push people around a bit more this year.

But Brown being out was really noticeable last week against the Bills. We are going to miss him this year.

First off, probowl voting is a joke. Its a popularity contest. But for someone not name Drew Brees to make the probowl for the Saints, he must be widely respected in the league for his skills. Its not like he was a perrennial probowler getting their on reputation and being voted in because millions of fans nation wide think Brown is the next Ogden. And its not like Brown is mentioned everywhere as the best tackle.

So the only conclusion is that Brown IS a probowl level LT, despite the deficientcies in the system, like Redskin fans voting over and over for their team and having 43 players in the probowl at midweek. We're talkiing about the media ignored Saints, with a history as dubious as Detroit. For Brown to make the probowl, he had to play his butt off to make other players and coaches notice. They know more about the game than those of us who only notice him when a penalty is called. Oh, and the probowl offensive line Drew had in SanDiego could have held someone on at least one play I can think of. Good thing they didn't, and good thing Brown did.

I hate that dude is hurt..butttt...how many times in games past have we heard HOLDING....#70....OFFENSE or FALSE START....#70...OFFENSE!!! And that penalty just sap all of the momentum out of a drive!!!
I'm thinkin if it ain't broke don't fix it when he's cleared to play..opins??

we've been over this a ton now but we are not better w/out jammal brown

you say penalties are bad, and i agree that false starts are INEXCUSABLE.....but holding penalties are much better than letting drew get hit, which is what bushrod was doing......everyone hates a penalty but the alternative to a holding penalty is drew getting clobbered and i would much rather lose 10 yards than lose our starting QB

You are never better off on a team without your Pro Bowl stud started. That is just ignorant to even think about. Brees has been pressured more in the last 2 games, tha never before. Why do you think that is? JB is out. I'd rather have a couple of offsides, that brees on his *** 10 times a game. When JB is around, Brees is NEVER on the ground. Stop trying to give his damn job away.

we've been over this a ton now but we are not better w/out jammal brown

you say penalties are bad, and i agree that false starts are INEXCUSABLE.....but holding penalties are much better than letting drew get hit, which is what bushrod was doing......everyone hates a penalty but the alternative to a holding penalty is drew getting clobbered and i would much rather lose 10 yards than lose our starting QB

Yeah, I won't lie, there's something to be said for ripping a dude's "head" off if he's hurting your quarterback

Attachments

• a_turley_i.jpg
    a_turley_i.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 199
I hate that dude is hurt..butttt...how many times in games past have we heard HOLDING....#70....OFFENSE or FALSE START....#70...OFFENSE!!!
Ummm... 7 times out of 1,047 total plays from scrimmage in 2008 or 0.66% of offensive plays?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom