BI Likely to be Traded (2 Viewers)

He’s repeating Woj’s words from the NBA Draft Lottery on TV. Woj would have to be a joke too for stating Trae Young is in trade talks

I know I watched it. I have a problem with the following...

"Atlanta appears moving in the direction of a rebuild after securing the No. 1 overall pick."

Which is blatant pushing misinformation out of speculation. He didn't say that and ATL currently has all the leverage now. I would expect that Murray gets traded at the draft.

Superstar trades typically drag out till the season. I don't think Griff will have the patience to wait till the season to make a move.

I know I watched it. I have a problem with the following...

"Atlanta appears moving in the direction of a rebuild after securing the No. 1 overall pick."

Which is blatant pushing misinformation out of speculation. He didn't say that and ATL currently has all the leverage now. I would expect that Murray gets traded at the draft.

Superstar trades typically drag out till the season. I don't think Griff will have the patience to wait till the season to make a move.

It looks like he turned Woj saying “the Hawks have a chance to bring in an impact player if they decide to maybe go younger and rebuild this group” and Trae Young in trade talks is very real into the Hawks appear to be moving into rebuild.

Ngl, Woj’s “if they decide to rebuild this group” and Evan’s “appear to be is moving into a rebuild” is kind of the same as a summary.

I notice what Evan tends to do is sum up the report or sum up the reporter’s additional statement underneath the report with direct, attention-grabbing wording to bait the audience while it’s close to what’s originally said. He includes his own unnecessary commentary with the report.

Whenever he has the original source tagged, everything typed before the reporter’s name in quotes is all that was actually reported or stated by the reporter. The top paragraph with the tagged name is all I pay attention to

Why though? I thought everyone kept saying this year's draft was very weak.
Same thing happened last season with Scoot Henderson and trading Ingram... Maybe they like a Big.

Granted... I really don't like the bigs that the front office likes... They are objectively awful 9 times out of 10 evaluating a long term option at bigs. They loved Jabri Smith... For God knows what reason. Jaxon Hayes. Steven Adams. Derrick Favors.

Dumpster fire when it comes to quality bigs

Was Propelstalk, Shamit Dua, and McNamara (Griffinpresser) twitter accounts this much in favor of trading Ingram last offseason?

Just started following Pels X accounts again and they’re all in favor, showing different scenarios, like they’ve accepted it as reality

Granted... I really don't like the bigs that the front office likes... They are objectively awful 9 times out of 10 evaluating a long term option at bigs. They loved Jabri Smith... For God knows what reason. Jaxon Hayes. Steven Adams. Derrick Favors.

Dumpster fire when it comes to quality bigs
In all fairness, you can't blame the current front office for those mvoes
I still honestly rather prefer Kel'El Ware. Donovan is a superb prospect, but I don't buy his ceiling being super high..

I want him too although I am afraid that the predictions for where he gets drafted are wrong due to this being a weak draft. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes higher than anticipated

I know some of you guys are not big fans of Trae Young... I said from the beginning that he's the most likely of the All-Star Guards that will be available in trade for the Pels to target.... Pels need a primary ball handler with pace, vision, and shooting / scoring ability to pair with Z... He fits that.

I think D Murray did what LM did... and played himself out of the trade market (Sorry Taker - Both are likely out of the question now)....

Regardless of how you feel about him.... I think it's Trae Young or bust in the player trade market this offseason. (as far as big time moves are concerned)

Last edited:
I know some of you guys are not big fans of Trae Young... I said from the beginning that he's the most likely of the All-Star Guards that will be available in trade for the Pels to target.... Pels need a primary ball handler with pace, vision, and shooting / scoring ability to pair with Z... He fits that.

I think D Murray did what LM... and played himself out of the trade market (Sorry Taker - Both are likely out of the question now)....

Regardless of how you feel about him.... I think it's Trae Young or bust in the player trade market this offseason. (as far as big time moves are concerned)
It just really depends on what ATL decides to do.

They have a ton of avenues that they can go and that includes a complete rebuild and collect as many draft assets as possible.

I want him too although I am afraid that the predictions for where he gets drafted are wrong due to this being a weak draft. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes higher than anticipated
Yeah, I think a lot of forward thinking exec will gamble on him early.

Getting Ware still means that we need a 1A starter too. The question is that will Willie try to develop him with actual minutes in his rookie season as the primary back up even when he's struggling.

They have a ton of avenues that they can go and that includes a complete rebuild and collect as many draft assets as possible.

No doubt... I'm just saying that DM probably played himself into a permanent building block... as did LM...

Who knows if they'll actually rebuild though. After this draft, they don't have the rights to their own 1st round picks until 2028.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom