BI Likely to be Traded (2 Viewers)

Who knows if they'll actually rebuild though. After this draft, they don't have the rights to their own 1st round picks until 2028.
That's probably a good reason why they go the OKC route and trade Young and Murray for as many picks possible. Build around Sarr.

If you got a historically bad franchise like the Pelicans willing to shell out picks. You probably like your odds.

I guess they would flip Ingram for more picks. Hard to imagine they rebuild with a 28 year old.

If you get Young. You have to create cap space to get a 5. The only option is moving CJ.

If you get Young. You have to create cap space to get a 5. The only option is moving CJ.

I think that happens regardless... At this point it looks like BI, CJ, and JV will all be replaced this offseason... just a matter of by who now...

Would be nice to land him. I've seen him mocked to us a lot, makes me nervous that he'll actually be there.
Even if they trade for a 5. They got to draft a development one in the 1st round. I hope they take Ware or Zack Eddy. You can't just trying to get by not drafting bigs in the top 40 picks

Since Hayes

NAW
Kira
Murphy
Herb
Dyson
Hawkins

To be honest... We didn't even need to draft Dyson over Jalen Duren.

This is when drafting BPA doesn't work.

I guess they would flip Ingram for more picks. Hard to imagine they rebuild with a 28 year old.

Hawks probably move Ingram again for picks at the deadline after they’ve used him enough to sell tickets at the start of the season.

They might trap themselves into holding onto him through the season if a DJM/BI/Sarr-or-Risacher led team overachieve past tanking expectations in the first half of the season like Utah did in ‘22-‘23. They were suppose to tank and cruise their way to a top 5 pick but kept winning games like they wanted the 8th seed so bad.

Last edited:

Ware might get into no man's land. If we get 5th overall from Detroit. He's not good enough at 5th and he probably won't be there at 21st if the plan is to defer Lakers pick.

He's another option, but his ceiling isn't clear.

Hawks probably move Ingram again for picks at the deadline after they’ve used him enough to sell tickets at the start of the season.

They might trap themselves into holding onto him through the season if they overachieve past tanking expectations in the first half of the season like Utah did in ‘22-‘23. They were suppose to tank but kept winning games like they wanted the 8th seed so bad.
Utah so dumb trying to do a hybrid rebuild like us. They should of committed and move Lauri last year. Hybrid rebuild don't work no matter how many assets you attain. You still need a couple of top 5 prospect.

I believe Murray will be moved by Draft night.

They will drag their feet on Young, because that's how Superstar trades operate now to get the most possible assets.I will be shocked if Young gets moved before Training Camp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom