Bi-Phasic sleep (1 Viewer)

How do you prefer to sleep?

• Segmented works for me

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Once my head hits the pillow, short of an explosion nearby I'm out til my time to wake

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Never heard of it, could care less too.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never heard of it, but might check it out

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Insomnia is my path

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Tacoes in shifts

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Tacoes continuously

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
I fall asleep immediately but typically wake up somewhere between 2-330am to pee. It's a roll of the dice as to whether or not I fall back asleep quickly. I get up at 5am for meditation then coffee, and to the gym around 6. These things have to happen in the morning or they don't happen at all. I go to bed 10-1030.

How much sleep I got will determine how the afternoon goes. I have a 35-mile commute to work, and if it's been one of those nights where I awoke at 2am and never really got back to sleep, that commute home is dangerous.
Occasionally I am able to turn the alarm off if I don't have meetings and just wake up whenever once I get back to sleep but it seems that no matter what, I will still wake up by 7am for sure.

In general, no matter what happens (drinking, working out super hard, staying up late, waking up for a chunk of the middle of the night, etc.) I will still wake up without an alarm by 7am. It's can be frustrating if I need sleep. If I sleep until 8 or 9am, that's really late for me.

The other benefit to working from home is that most days, I can take a nap if I need to - which is key for me because I am and have been a big napper ever since I had a baby 22 years ago. LOL.

This week I have not been able to nap though and I have not been sleeping well at night.

she's a woman
I don't mind being called a girl, but I'm guessing your wife has expressed her preferred nomenclature to you. "Chick", "old lady", "ball and chain" I'm not down with but "girl" is okay.

Why can't I ever stay on topic?

I don’t think my wife was a girl even when she was a girl
I think that's kinda why I don't mind if someone called me "girl". I know I had a friend in my teens who hated being called "cute". But she was "cute"! I think she still is but she probably wouldn't mind that term now. But I was never an utesy cutesy "girl".

I think that's kinda why I don't mind if someone called me "girl". I know I had a friend in my teens who hated being called "cute". But she was "cute"! I think she still is but she probably wouldn't mind that term now. But I was never an utesy cutesy "girl".
I was talking to my mom about this "girl" I follow on IG who is a makeup artist. I said "this girl I follow on IG" because that's just what sounds natural to say to me. She's the same age as me - 42 - so not really a girl but that's what I call her as well as other women I know. "This girl I know" "this girl I work with". I will be 80 years old calling everyone girl.

I don't mind being called a girl, but I'm guessing your wife has expressed her preferred nomenclature to you. "Chick", "old lady", "ball and chain" I'm not down with but "girl" is okay.

Why can't I ever stay on topic?
Excellent question, but it's not just you. I wonder if someday there will be a sociology class on the behavior of internet message boards. Heck, probably already exists.

I was talking to my mom about this "girl" I follow on IG who is a makeup artist. I said "this girl I follow on IG" because that's just what sounds natural to say to me. She's the same age as me - 42 - so not really a girl but that's what I call her as well as other women I know. "This girl I know" "this girl I work with". I will be 80 years old calling everyone girl.
I think I still call women girls most of the time but I don’t pay attention to it. Just seems like you mostly meet “guys” and “girls”. But then I have to wonder if I’m resisting the fact that I have been dating woman for quite some time instead of girls. And what do you do with the crazy ones. I think if I was female I’d rather someone say “that girl is crazy” instead of “she is a crazy woman”. Like you are saying there is a chance they will grow out of it or something. Where the hell am I going with this? Guess I just want to find out how many people I’m insulting on the reg.

Excellent question, but it's not just you. I wonder if someday there will be a sociology class on the behavior of internet message boards. Heck, probably already exists.
Keeping on a thread track us deciding to follow a logic path
Logic is a non-natural way of looking at the world (you have to teach logic, it’s not innate)
Thread hacking/wandering is just allowing the natural flow of ideas to go where they want

Also SQUIRRELS

I think I still call women girls most of the time but I don’t pay attention to it. Just seems like you mostly meet “guys” and “girls”. But then I have to wonder if I’m resisting the fact that I have been dating woman for quite some time instead of girls. And what do you do with the crazy ones. I think if I was female I’d rather someone say “that girl is crazy” instead of “she is a crazy woman”. Like you are saying there is a chance they will grow out of it or something. Where the hell am I going with this? Guess I just want to find out how many people I’m insulting on the reg.
‘guys’ and ‘girls’ are not equivalent
guys are generally considered adult men
We don’t have a ‘guys’ form of women (except the kinda out of date ‘gals’)

‘guys’ and ‘girls’ are not equivalent
guys are generally considered adult men
We don’t have a ‘guys’ form of women (except the kinda out of date ‘gals’)
IDK, lady strikes me as fairly equivalent. And it's not uncommon to refer to an entire mixed sex group as guys. But there's no age associated with that group either normally.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom