Bidet (5 Viewers)

I don't have room in any of my bathrooms to add another fixture. I have seen toilets with them built in though.

Literally what i said in my post that you quoted is that this ISNT another fixture, ie it just goes onto ur existing toilet.. if you dont have room, then how do you have a toilet in your bathroom currently ? :shrug:

My grandparents in Cali, Colombia had an old school ceramic bidet that would shoot a barrage of water straight up...
That's what I have in the main bedroom.

It can definitely turn you into a water-spewing-out-of-your-mouth fountain if you have a heavy turn on the spray nozzle knob.

It's also fun when you go to start it the next time and the spray nozzle wasn't turned off last time. :hihi:

At home, I will only poop in my bathroom with the bidet. Only a shower will get you cleaner.

I got one for my birthday a year ago. First time using one. I will never go back unless I have no other alternative. I will hold it in as long as I know I’m getting home within a day or two. It’s life-changing. Think about it like this. If you somehow got poop on your hand, would you feel like you got enough of it off by wiping with paper? Don’t let Big TP control you. They’re great. The one I have has a seat warmer and warm water. Quit living like a 17th century peasant. Worth whatever money you spend on it.

Saw the Toto Washlet bidet today at Costco, they have really come down in price (maybe the only item in America that has done so?).. when i was looking at getting some for my home a few yrs back they were $900 each, Costco has them for $300

4C598CDF-3682-4F5E-9768-B8753EF248C4.jpeg

F314659D-D8F2-4038-97BA-690F01793FBC.jpeg

“This is not no regular toilet bowl,” gushes DJ Khaled on Instagram, fawning over a new toilet that rapper Drake sent to his home. “This is the most amazing toilet bowl I ever seen in my life.”

The Neorest NX2 toilet is a $21,181 porcelain throne. Designed by the Japanese company Toto, it features a remote control, heated seat, deodorizer, night light, and, as DJ Khaled says enthusiastically, “water that splashes up” after you’re done.

In other words, it’s a very pricey bidet.

Khaled’s paean may be the high-water mark of the bidet’s profile in American pop culture — so far. Once viewed as an overseas oddity, the bathroom fixture has exploded in popularity over the past three years. Retailers report sales leaping tenfold during the pandemic, and remaining strong.

The vast majority of Americans still exclusively use toilet paper, though. For many, the bidet remains a fusty porcelain basin vaguely associated with the French. But the technology has evolved. Multibillion-dollar incumbents like Toto, as well as newcomers such as Tushy and Luxe, have stormed the U.S. market, along with a flood of cut-rate manufacturers on Amazon.

Bidets that promise to work with almost any toilet are now within reach of every American: Simple versions can be had for just $30.

For the world’s northern forests, that’s great news. The pines, birches and aspens that fringe the Northern Hemisphere are a primary source of virgin pulp to make toilet paper, particularly older, mature trees with longer fibers that manufacturers want to create an ultrasoft texture.

And no one buys more TP than Americans. The typical person in the United States uses about 24 rolls of toilet paper per year. That’s roughly three times more than Europeans — and among the highest per capita consumption of any country. Were the country to switch to bidets, millions of trees would likely remain standing every year.

I bought one in 2019 and never looked back.

But can bidets persuade Americans to set aside their rolls of Charmin Ultra Soft Cushiony Touch? It’s an easier sell than you think.

History of the bidet

Water, not paper, has long been the world’s gold standard for cleaning up behinds. The Quran details prescriptions for cleaning with water in the bathroom.

More recently, a 1975 hygiene bill in Italy made it illegal not to have at least one bidet in every public lodging, reports The Guardian.

Although the bidet is thought to have been invented in France in the 1600s, Japan has embraced the device like few other nations, with an estimated 79 percent of households owning at least one.

In the United States, the bidet has barely cracked the mainstream. Our historical prejudice against the apparatus dates back to World War II, when many service members’ first encounters with it were in a French brothel. That created an association with sex work………

I've had gout in my hands for three weeks. These bidets have been absolutely necessary.

Gout in your hands?

Do you have gout in other areas too?

I get it a couple of times a year but it's only my toe or ankle. I was living in NOLA a few years back and eating shrimp every day and thought I was going to die when it caught up with me.

I imagine it would be a nightmare having it in your hands.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom