Big 10 country..... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Despite being in SEC country, we continue our run on drafting guys from Big 10 country

Ruiz-Mich
Baun- Wisc
Trautman (Ohio)

join......

Ram -Wisc
Marshon OSU
Vonn- OSU
Mike T-OSU

I don’t know if it’s total coincidence or we just like the work ethic/mentality from those schools....

Others that come to mind, though some not drafted...
  • Brees (Purdue)
  • Ginn Jr. (OSU)
  • Jenkins (OSU)
  • Hardee (Illinois)

Too lazy to compare our current roster Big 10-SEC.....

Off the top of my head SEC.....
CGJ
AK
AA
McCoy
Clapp
Tuttle

Despite being in SEC country, we continue our run on drafting guys from Big 10 country

Ruiz-Mich
Baun- Wisc
Trautman (Ohio)

join......

Ram -Wisc
Marshon OSU
Vonn- OSU
Mike T-OSU

I don’t know if it’s total coincidence or we just like the work ethic/mentality from those schools....
I definitely had the thought yesterday that Sean has a bias towards the Big 10. They have a lot of great players, but the SEC probably has more. Oh well, I still like our draft.

I definitely had the thought yesterday that Sean has a bias towards the Big 10. They have a lot of great players, but the SEC probably has more. Oh well, I still like our draft.

IF he has one, it might make sense given he's from that area.

Out of our last 27 draft picks, only 5 have come from the SEC.

But the SEC has more players in general, so I think the big 10 bias holds.

They are known as the gritty tougher conference, while the SEC is known as the flashier speedier conference.....probably reputations gained many years ago, but I could see it being in Sean’s mindset.

That and the incredible overvaluing every single year on Bama lineman and defenders.

A key to picking Ruiz and Baun was their smarts. They just both happen to be from the Big 10. There has been an obvious connection between Payton and Ohio State, which is one of the marquee programs in the country. It may be just an anomaly that we have hardly picked any LSU players under Payton and Loomis. Maybe next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom