Big 10 - Done for a while (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
After two straight blow out losses in the title game, I dont think the Big 10 will get the benefit of the doubt anymore. I would think in the years to come 0 losses in the Big 10 = 1 loss in the SEC / Big 12. 1 Loss = 2 Loss for those two conferences. I would have liked to have seen UGA/USC vs. LSU in this game.

Well, Oklahoma is put into a BCS game every year, even though they are beat down every year there.

I guess I meant title game, forgot about OU, they may have a little bit of a tainted resume next year as well after their last two bowls games.

ACC is an apocolyptic 1-9 in BCS bowl games.

Can we just officially change the name of the "BCS Championship" to the "Pac-10 vs SEC Championship" and just let whoever wins the SEC duke it out with USC year after year until we finally settle that.

how about a playoff. thats the only fair way.

The BIg 10 and Pac 10 will never let that happen, we cant ruin the Rose Bowl that produces such fine contests at Michigan-USC and USC-Illinois.

I hope you are right.
If Ohio State wants to get into the national championship again then they must play and win an out of conference game against a top 10 opponent. Its obvious their conference schedule just ain;t cutting it because they have been totally outclassed and dominated 2 years in a row.

They must be embarrassed. So embarrassed they probably don;t want to come back for a while.

The BIg 10 and Pac 10 will never let that happen, we cant ruin the Rose Bowl that produces such fine contests at Michigan-USC and USC-Illinois.

Since the Big 10 has now proven they are well behind as a conference, the heck with them and their snotty president. The other conferences should just declare that there will be a playoff and if the Big 10 says they won't support it, just leave the Big 10 out of it. Who cares? They'd just get their teams all knocked out in the first round anyway. Leave 'em to continue to bask in the last century. Bring on the playoffs.

I must be the only one who likes the current system! The competetion it has created is outstanding and makes for very exciting seasons. A team cannot take an off week as every week is just as important as the last.

The competetion it has created is outstanding and makes for very exciting seasons. A team cannot take an off week as every week is just as important as the last.

This would not change much considering you would still need to impress voters to get in, especially if only the top 4 got in. I have a friend that makes the same argument as you.

I must be the only one who likes the current system! The competetion it has created is outstanding and makes for very exciting seasons. A team cannot take an off week as every week is just as important as the last.

If you limit the playoff to only 4 or 8 teams, you would still have win most weeks, granted some of the pressure would be removed, i.e. 1 loss and you are certainly in with 8 teams. The BCS only works if you have 2 teams with 0 losses from major conferences or 2 teams with 1 loss. With the way the Big 10 has gone, we have to question in years to come whether a Big 10 team with 1 loss should get in over an SEC team with 2 losses.

Well OSU goes on the road to USC next year so if they can win that game they'll be on track again...

If you limit the playoff to only 4 or 8 teams, you would still have win most weeks, granted some of the pressure would be removed, i.e. 1 loss and you are certainly in with 8 teams. The BCS only works if you have 2 teams with 0 losses from major conferences or 2 teams with 1 loss. With the way the Big 10 has gone, we have to question in years to come whether a Big 10 team with 1 loss should get in over an SEC team with 2 losses.

I agree. I don't want a huge playoff system. The top 4 teams, I think. Use the bowl games as the playoffs and championship, rotating as they do now: example, Fiesta and Sugar Bowls, round one; Orange Bowl - championship game. Leave the Rose Bowl out of it since the PAC 10 and the Big 10 don't want to have playoffs anyway. :D

And yes, the concept of 1 loss, 2 losses, undefeated is overrated, really. Look at Hawaii...look at OSU....look at USC, LSU, and UGA. The two loss teams are all considered better than those with 0 or 1 loss going into the bowl games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom