Big 10 - Done for a while (1 Viewer)

Playoffs, schmanoffs

College football is about the regular season. If you make it less meaningful then you have ruined the greatest regular season in all of sports.

Playoffs, schmanoffs

College football is about the regular season. If you make it less meaningful then you have ruined the greatest regular season in all of sports.

That's why I'd like only a 4 team playoff. Keep the regular season meaningful, but allow those teams that are also deserving of a shot to actually get that shot.

I agree with tradition. But the PAC 10's and Big 10's of the world need to realize they can't have it both ways...keep the tradition and risk not getting to the NC game in a year such as this one (USC), or go to a playoff and prove that you should have been there to begin with. Stop whining that you deserved to be there if you didn't make it according to the system you are supporting in order to keep your "tradition" alive. Can't have it both ways...

The Big Ten used to be called the Big Two in recognition that their only two elite programs over the past two decades have been Michigan and tOSU. What are they going to call them now? The Big Zero? I will say this, though. Michigan did manage to get a good coach, and I expect them to rebound in the next couple of years (although they'll be losing their starting QB and RB to graduation this year).

Playoffs, schmanoffs

Exactly how does a 4-8 team playoff make the regular season less meaningful? You'd still couldn't lose more then 2-3 games. It would be pretty much the same as it is now, except the other 2 loss teams would get a chance to play.

Exactly how does a 4-8 team playoff make the regular season less meaningful? You'd still couldn't lose more then 2-3 games. It would be pretty much the same as it is now, except the other 2 loss teams would get a chance to play.

It would lessen the significance of losing a 3rd game IMO, but in the end, you're not supposed to lose any games. The season wouldn't be less meaningful.

One game has already made the regular season less meaningful. Since the BCS came along conference championships have taken a back seat to the BCS Championship game.
Even conference championship games have hurt the regular season. I mean you have had 2 or 3 loss teams playing in a championship against an undefeated and 1-loss teams. That diminishes the regular season.
A playoff will further diminish it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom