Big 10 to play "Conference Only" schedule (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Will other conferences follow?

The SEC is allegedly discussing the same thing. This could have a very big impact to mid-major schools that rely upon the games vs the Power 5 schools to find their program. Not only that, but who will Notre Dame play if all the Power 5 conferences limit schedules to "conference only" schedules?

Will other conferences follow?

The SEC is allegedly discussing the same thing. This could have a very big impact to mid-major schools that rely upon the games vs the Power 5 schools to find their program. Not only that, but who will Notre Dame play if all the Power 5 conferences limit schedules to "conference only" schedules?
If all the conferences do it, Notre Dame will play an all ACC schedule. FWIW, I don’t think college football happens at all this year.

If all the conferences do it, Notre Dame will play an all ACC schedule. FWIW, I don’t think college football happens at all this year.
If the ACC plays only conference games, how does non-conference ND play the ACC schools then?

If the ACC plays only conference games, how does non-conference ND play the ACC schools then?
Notre Dame is in the ACC for everything except football. They already play 6 ACC games a year. The ACC has already said they would fill the schedule.

The ACC once again rewrites the rulebook for Notre Dame. Allowing Notre Dame to continue its independent ways was one of the reasons Maryland left the ACC. Maryland was a charter member of the ACC, but became disgusted when the ACC handed Notre Dame its own rule book

In fairness, there are 52 million other reasons Maryland departed for the Big10, a move which I despise.

The ACC once again rewrites the rulebook for Notre Dame. Allowing Notre Dame to continue its independent ways was one of the reasons Maryland left the ACC. Maryland was a charter member of the ACC, but became disgusted when the ACC handed Notre Dame its own rule book

In fairness, there are 52 million other reasons Maryland departed for the Big10, a move which I despise.
If college football is cancelled this year it will be just like a normal season for Notre Dame because they never play anyone anyway.

Hearing on Sports Radio that Pac12 and Big 10 are cancelling seasons. Big 12 SEC and ACC looking to play this year. SEC looking to Add teams from PAC12 or BIG 10 that allegedly are still interested in play.

Iowa and Nebraska in Big10 conference vote elected to play

Hearing on Sports Radio that Pac12 and Big 10 are cancelling seasons. Big 12 SEC and ACC looking to play this year. SEC looking to Add teams from PAC12 or BIG 10 that allegedly are still interested in play.

Iowa and Nebraska in Big10 conference vote elected to play
According to this^ story, only the SEC seems to be pushing forward to play an 'all conference' season.

But of course the SEC would grab some serious bucks for the TV rights since they would be the only college game around this fall. But if the football season can't happen, they may as well just bring on the 'college basketball bubble' a few months early. I need a sports fix like never before! :no:

According to this^ story, only the SEC seems to be pushing forward to play an 'all conference' season.

But of course the SEC would grab some serious bucks for the TV rights since they would be the only college game around this fall. But if the football season can't happen, they may as well just bring on the 'college basketball bubble' a few months early. I need a sports fix like never before! :no:

You Ain't kidding. Major props to the SEC going forward. When it comes to the notion of Spring football, I don't see how by March things get better. If anything the weather is crappy in most of the country that time of the year and Covid probably will be in full bloom.

If only the SEC goes forward I hope for a Mega Season. 14 regular season games. Top 8 teams make the playoffs and the winner is crowned champ. It wouldn't surprise me if Oklahoma and Texas join along with Nebraska and Iowa.

You Ain't kidding. Major props to the SEC going forward. When it comes to the notion of Spring football, I don't see how by March things get better. If anything the weather is crappy in most of the country that time of the year and Covid probably will be in full bloom.

If only the SEC goes forward I hope for a Mega Season. 14 regular season games. Top 8 teams make the playoffs and the winner is crowned champ. It wouldn't surprise me if Oklahoma and Texas join along with Nebraska and Iowa.
Obviously we all hope that it will be possible to see some football played this year, both college & pro. But I'm not convinced that any of it is going to happen. I find it hard to imagine that unpaid college kids are going to be put into the position of taking all the risks just to help their school make a boatload of money.

Even the highly paid pro players are casting a lot of doubts that the NFL can pull this off safely. I believe that any semblance of a real football season in 2020 is just a lot of wishful thinking.:mecry:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom