Big Big Trouble, Please Help! (1 Viewer)

DefensePlease

Jeff
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, I got a new job...hooray!! I work on sundays....BOO!!

The good news is that my job has a lot of flexability. I can prolly get away with listening to saints games at work, but it couldnt be out loud.

So is sirius the only way i can listen to saints games in missouri? Also, is it just for cars, or is there a handheld device i can plug earphones into and carry around with me?

I will need the saints on sundays, if you have any ideas, do share.

2 ways that I know of.

1. Get Sirius, but you have to get the boombox/dock because the NFL doesn't allow streaming of their games via the internet unless you use option 2.

2. NFL Field Pass This is usually 3-5 seconds behind, but it's live enough.

Field Pass is pretty cheap (Cheaper than Sirius), but Sirius is by far the best value in overall terms of the NFL landscape.

Edit: Sirius does have a handheld device, it's called the Stiletto.

Will you have computer access?

Do they show games locally on a regular basis? If they do, buy a handheld TV. That's what I used to do but I live in La.

There was an old thread for people who could nt get the saints and they said that you can watch the games live on one of these two programs. TVUplayer. SOPcast. so if you can get away with internet you would might be able to watch it on that

There was an old thread for people who could nt get the saints and they said that you can watch the games live on one of these two programs. TVUplayer. SOPcast. so if you can get away with internet you would might be able to watch it on that
Relying on these programs to get you the game has really been hit or miss. But, with every year these technologies are available, they can only get better.

I would have a backup option if it were me.

the sirius stiletto looks pretty cool. i wont have computer access, so this would be my best bet. anyone have any experience trying it.

looks like i can get the radio, and a 1 year subscription for 200 bucks, so i want to be sure its a good product before i buy

the stiletto doesn't work very well inside. As for getting a radio with a dock... The dock is pretty cheap if you get a radio that supports the dock (sportster, starmate...) but there also are some cheaper ones that come with a dock. But either way, Stiletto or not, if you aren't by a window, you're up a creek minus a paddle.

But the cool thing about sirius, is that on game day you get the home feed (jimmy hen-dawg) AND the away feed for every game on sunday. It's neat. I always catch my saints on TV no matter what, but there are always other games I'd like to hear so that's when I'm right by my SIRIUS radio!

You could just ask Jacob Hester to use his telepathic abilities to beam the game directly into your head. He'll even edit out the commercials.

So, I got a new job.
I can prolly get away with listening to saints games at work, but it couldnt be out loud.

Defense, you can prolly lose your job listening to the Saints, better find out first cause jobs aren't coming easy these days. I know you know this but Saints take second place when placing food on the table. good luck

Best bet would be a Tivo and watch when you get home from work with a nice cold beer :)

I agree, you will just have to bite the bullet on this one. Just make sure you don't see the scores before you get home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom