Big DB's (2 Viewers)

Hebertcj

Deuxdat`
Reaction score
I personally think we should seek out a 6+ Corner in the first round, this years draft is loaded with OLB and DT's. it's really hard to land a solid corner after the second round. Last I checked Goddell screwed us over, after following what he wanted us to do and didn't give our pick back.

It's a position on our defense that is horribly weak. We have JG and Wilson I firmly believe that they will be amazing in this new system. They aren't 10+ sack guys (maybe JR is) but I believe 8 each is a fair #. That will get us by for a year to breed these new DB's because that position is a lot harder to learn.

I think Truant, Banks, or Milliner are great options. One or more should be there. For some of you that think Milliner wont be around Jenkins fell to 14. Jenkins is a much better corner than a safety. He won the damn thorp award for his skills. Yet we move him to safety? bone headed. My dream senerio would be moving Jenkins back to corner and taking the best db in the draft in Vaccaro. Let me know your opinions.

i think Galette will get 15+ sacks next year easily, he only played in 26% of snaps this past year, also think Wilson will do well if he puts on some muscle this off season . I do like the idea of getting a big FS or CB with ball skills, none of our DBs have ball skills and that hurts our defense.
I like Xavier Rhodes, but only if he runs a 4.4

Rhodes is well rounded, JG does have the potential I didn't want to over jump myself but I agree with 10-15 sack season when he's unleashed full time. We do have pass rush talent. What's the point when Matt Ryan's throwing quick slants and bubble screens to j. Jones.

Yet we have Patrick Robinson and Greer covering him. We saw last season those guys get man handled by this kid. He will be better in his third year. We need a corner to punch his throat in.

Here's the biggest "DB" ever.

roger-goodell.jpg

I personally think we should seek out a 6+ Corner in the first round, this years draft is loaded with OLB and DT's. it's really hard to land a solid corner after the second round. .

I really don't think height is nearly as important as skill. The vast majority of the best CB's in NFL history are under 6'-0" and can jump through the roof.

We drafted a first round big Cb a few years ago. He now plays FS and he's not very good at it. Then we drafted a small and fast CB in the first round (32nd pick). He now plays CB and is not very good at it. I think we need to draft a good DB's coach instead!

We drafted a first round big Cb a few years ago. He now plays FS and he's not very good at it. Then we drafted a small and fast CB in the first round (32nd pick). He now plays CB and is not very good at it. I think we need to draft a good DB's coach instead!

5-11, 191 pounds is not a small CB.

I really don't think height is nearly as important as skill. The vast majority of the best CB's in NFL history are under 6'-0" and can jump through the roof.

I agree, when you look at the size of the WR coming out of college now. size is important. I think Seattle is doing it right with Sherman and Browner these guys are large and physical.

No we drafted a great corner and moved him to safety. Easy fix move him back, that leave a hole at safety which we can't fix on our current roster. Vaccaro is an absolute stud of a safety. He's big physical great tackler which we lack horribly.

Teams are getting bigger and bigger at WR every year the day of the 5'10 5'11 corner is over you now need atheletic 6'0 and up corners to compete I think Jenkins is good at safety we just wouldn't know cause the corners and SS Harper are really Sad,if we upgrade the Corner and bring in another Safety we would upgrade the Defense ASAP,THAT'S WHY I SAY GET TWO CORNERS,I SAY BANKS A BIG BUT QUICKER DB AND GET RHODES A PHYSICAL HARD HITTING DB,1 FOR RHODY BIG MOUTH WHITE AND big JULIO AND VINCENT JACKSON,don't forget we play SIDNEY RICE, CRABTREE AND MANNINGHAM,AND DON'T FORGET FITZ,WE NEED BIG CORNERS...EVERYBODY WANT PASS RUSHERS BUT THESE QB'S KNOW THAT THIS SECONDARY IS WEAK SO THEY WILL BE GETTING OFF THE BALL FAST AND JUST THROWING THE BALL UP ON THESE SMALL GUYS WHO DO NOTHIN BUT FACE GUARD AND CAN'T TACKLE SO SAINTS PLEASE UPGRADE THE SECONDARY!!!

Why reach on a 6'0+ corner at our spot in the first round (Banks, Rhodes) when you can get one at the same size in the fourth or fifth rounds (Commings, Okoro)?

Jenkins was NEVER a "great" CB. With pass rush our secondary will be just fine. Prior to 2012 season, our secondary was the strength of our defense. Draft a corner in the 3rd and/or 4th. DE or OLB in the first.

Because those guys stink and they aren't first round shutdown corners. E have enough Corey whites.

Because being a first round prospect guarantees you to be a shutdown corner, right Patrick Robinson? I'm sure that really matters, doesn't it, Richard Sherman?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom