Big Lane Johnson (1 Viewer)

ETWhoDat

Hindsight is 50/50
Reaction score
Hope he is there when we pick. Looking very solid and has awesome measurables. 6'6 305, ran a 4.71, 28 reps and has 35" arms. Completely manhandled damontre Moore. Brees would be set on the blindside.

Yea Terron Armstead ran a 4.65. I forget the name of the school he's from, small school. Don't know what they're feeding these offensive tackles.

But all that shows is that they're great athletes. They still have to be able to put on pads and block.

I would shy away from falling in love with an "athlete tackle" though. We have one on the roster named Charles Brown. Guys still gotta be able to put on pads and block. But they've definitely helped their draft stock.

But all that shows is that they're great athletes. They still have to be able to put on pads and block.

I would shy away from falling in love with an "athlete tackle" though. We have one on the roster named Charles Brown. Guys still gotta be able to put on pads and block. But they've definitely helped their draft stock.

That's the thing, though. Johnson was already considered a top 15 pick and now he's showing probably the greatest measurables at his position with those long arms and huge paws. Already considered a great pass blocker.

Lane johnson is just about the only offensive player I can see that would justified and a steal with the 15th pick. This guy is not just a work out warrior, he has the skins on the wall to back it. Had a great career at OU, performed well against top pass rushers in college, showed out at Senior Bowl, showed his athletic ability at combine. He is a steal at 15 and a top tier tackle. Terron Armstead was athletically exceptional, but I know nothing of his play on the field, and I know he played at a lower level school.

think i heard armstead is from arkansas-pine bluff. if johnson is doing that well he should b gone by the 15thpick.

That's the thing, though. Johnson was already considered a top 15 pick and now he's showing probably the greatest measurables at his position with those long arms and huge paws. Already considered a great pass blocker.

Lane johnson is just about the only offensive player I can see that would justified and a steal with the 15th pick. This guy is not just a work out warrior, he has the skins on the wall to back it. Had a great career at OU, performed well against top pass rushers in college, showed out at Senior Bowl, showed his athletic ability at combine. He is a steal at 15 and a top tier tackle. Terron Armstead was athletically exceptional, but I know nothing of his play on the field, and I know he played at a lower level school.

Yea I was more talking about Armstead. With Johnson's performance at the combine, I doubt he'll be there at 15... but I'd take him in a heartbeat if he was.

I was really high on Armstead before today. Now he is going to be a 2nd round pick when I was thinking we could steal him in the 4th.

Armstead also really impressed at the Senior Bowl and East West Shrine game. There is no denying that either player is physically gifted and both have used every opportunity to showcase themselves.

Would rather Armstead if we could get him in the 3rd simply because we need to improve the defense as much as possible.

With Joeckel, Fisher, and Johnson all probably top 15 picks, as well as the usual 3 terrible QBs picked in the top 15, Warmack, Jarvis Jones and his medical issue, and some other freak athletes jumping boards, there will be some interesting prospects there at 15.

think i heard armstead is from arkansas-pine bluff. if johnson is doing that well he should b gone by the 15thpick.

I don't think Armstead's performance catapulted him THAT high, but he does possess the height, weight speed measurables that scouts drool over. I believe he's moving into the 2-3 round conversation more than the 1st round...

Well... we drafted Jarhi Evans out of Bloomsberg. Bushrod out of... Townson, I think? Both in the 4th round.

If we were able to get Armstead in that area of the draft, I'd happily add "Arkansas Pine-Bluff" to that list. However, I'm with whoever said he'll probably go in the 2nd. It's easier to steal guys with great film and OK workouts than guys with OK film and great workouts. Scouts love measurables.

im very weary of guys that havent played tackle very much. lane johnson looked great at the combine today, but there have been a lot of guys come from TE and move to tackle because they have quick feet. in college, that works.....

in the pros......you have to have good feet and be big and strong. johnson is huge at 6'7" but hes not the strongest guy ever

when i was watching his combine he looked really fluid. he looked like a prototypical swing tackle. the guys that can play both sides......can get out in open space and make blocks......but i dont know enough about him to say we need him as our #15 pick

id rather fisher be there and after watching fluker, im not sold on him either, so lane johnson may be an interesting choice if hes available there

Well now it's looking like 3 tackles are going in the top 12. Hopefully that pushes someone down for us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom