Big money no whammies! (1 Viewer)

Used to absolutely love PYL when it aired in the early 80s.. But i guess ive gotten more nervous with age, becuase i tried watching the new version and i get too stressed out.

Me too. I think I remember a Boy George whammy once.

Me too. I think I remember a Boy George whammy once.

I think I remember that one too.. i defintiely remember the Tammy Wynette one.

Do any of y’all remember the ice cream truck driver who memorized all the board patterns/Whammies, then dominated and won every day for like an entire summer, winning such an ungodly amount of money (for back then) that they had to change the rules? There was a documentary about him a few years back.

I think I remember that one too.. i defintiely remember the Tammy Wynette one.

Do any of y’all remember the ice cream truck driver who memorized all the board patterns/Whammies, then dominated and won every day for like an entire summer, winning such an ungodly amount of money (for back then) that they had to change the rules? There was a documentary about him a few years back.
I had never heard of it, but now I’m gonna watch the episode!

Loved this in the 80s. Elizabeth Banks tries a little too hard for my liking in the new version.

Price is Right had a similar situation

I actually saw this documentary a couple years ago.. it was really good, but unlike Larson on PYL, the guy on TPIR didnt cheat, i dont think.. he was just really, really good and had a freaky memory.. Though it could be argued that Larson didnt cheat either, since the show only had like 7 board patterns that he memorized.

I actually saw this documentary a couple years ago.. it was really good, but unlike Larson on PYL, the guy on TPIR didnt cheat, i dont think.. he was just really, really good and had a freaky memory.. Though it could be argued that Larson didnt cheat either, since the show only had like 7 board patterns that he memorized.
Agree. Same could be said in winning at cards in Vegas. Like Black Jack . Just memorize the cards that come up. Though it takes plenty of strategy and practice. They have some documentaries on this too and most of the time they could not prove they were cheating.

Always my favorite gameshow. There was a facebook version that was fun to play as well, but it is gone now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom