Big play Devery (1 Viewer)

rlemieux

Who Dat?
Reaction score
11 catches... 3 TD's...

Thats what I call being productive and taking advantage of your opportunities.

Yea and we wonder why he never got a real shot under Haslett.....

he is the "big play" in our offense...we need the guy in there even if it for 2 catches a game...dude has a 20yrd recieving average.

His speed really showed against the Bucs secondary. The kid can flat out run. Actually I would put the youngsters in as the #1 & #2(Colston/Henderson) and Joe Horn as the slot #3. What a corp..

I agree, I think Devery and Colston compliment each other very well. Also, putting Joe in at the slot might prolong his career. We still need Joe to be productive, but the young guys take a lot of pressure off of him.

I'm glad Devery came out and proved to his QB and his team that he wants to be a part of them. Hopefully we've seen the last of him being in Payton's Doghouse.

that was great

--20 or so yard pass to colston at mid field. "man this guy's a freak. did he really just catch that?"

--next play 50 yard td pass to devery "man this guy's fast! he just smoked em" !!!!

Henderson has had a major impact in our offense thru out the year. If you look at the games, each of his catches have been for a first down or touchdown. Now that is making the most of the few oportunities he has had. I would love to see Colston & Henderson as the starters and Horn come in as the slot / 3rd receiver. As stated above it would prolong his carrier and have him going up against the nickle & dime backs. He wins that match-up 85% of the time. Now if we had a legit threat at Tight end!

Henderson has had a major impact in our offense thru out the year. If you look at the games, each of his catches have been for a first down or touchdown. Now that is making the most of the few oportunities he has had. I would love to see Colston & Henderson as the starters and Horn come in as the slot / 3rd receiver. As stated above it would prolong his carrier and have him going up against the nickle & dime backs. He wins that match-up 85% of the time. Now if we had a legit threat at Tight end!

I first thought that Horn SHOULD still be #1, but I guess you made a good point. A very experienced slot WR that can and will win the battles against the DB's can be very scary for a D. Also, he still has good power and can control the middle (b/c of the lack of a prominent TE) which opens up the long one.

I love Devrey also. Hey, he's Tiger. Do we really think he can produce every week to earn the #2? I would love to see him play more, but since he doesn't play enough, it's hard to know for sure.

Devery reminds me of Ashley Lelie. He'll disappear for 3 weeks then have a monster game based on big long pass plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom