Big Props to Bushrod (1 Viewer)

well....the whole special teams played awful except our punter, who is just ridiculous.

And it looked to me that Bushrod was getting less help than in some earlier games. Can anyone confirm?

Nicks helped on a quite a few plays and knocked osi on his *** more than a few times, but Bushrod played a hell of a game.

Makes you wonder how expendible Jammal Brown will be after this season...

Actually it clears up the picture....not expendable at all since clearly you need more then 1 quality LT. If Brown can get injured so can Bushrod, why would you want to be the team that only has one option and prays they dont get injured.

The Saints are a much improved team running the ball this year.

The only difference in our OL this year is the absence of Brown.

Bushrod has done an excellent job this year.

We also haven't missed a beat when Strief has been on the field.

Whole team played great this week, but we'd be remiss not to note the job Bushrod did on Umenyiora. Fantastic job keeping him and the rest of the Gents front four under control by the OLine. Impressive as all get out.

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:O-line especially Bushrod!!! good job boys! Keep it up. WHO DAT!!!

Whole team played great this week, but we'd be remiss not to note the job Bushrod did on Umenyiora. Fantastic job keeping him and the rest of the Gents front four under control by the OLine. Impressive as all get out.
Yes, great job by Bushrod on handling Osi. I didn't see them lining a tight end on the left side very often, so he must have been shutting him down. Did it seem though that they weren't bringing a whole lot of pressure or was our line playing that well?

Gregg Williams and his intensity in practice has played a huge part in the OL being better this year. They are all playing great! Brees was barely breathed on all game.

We met Streif, Bushrod and Evans at Lucy's after the game. They were really nice guys, low key and polite celebrating quietly. I was impressed with their maturity.

Actually it clears up the picture....not expendable at all since clearly you need more then 1 quality LT. If Brown can get injured so can Bushrod, why would you want to be the team that only has one option and prays they dont get injured.
Strief is also a quality LT, he was filling in for Brown long before Bushrod.

I remember when we took Bushrod in the 4th round a couple of years ago. Most of the reactions were like:

"Bushrod? Who?"

"Towson? Never heard of it? What conference is it in?? Atlantic-10, isn't that a basketball conference?"

Admit it, 99.9% of us had never heard of Bushrod before the draft. And we had never seen him in action outside of training camp and a few preseason games.

I started trusting the front office back in '06, and Bushrod's performance over the past 6 weeks backs up their trust in him. Awesome draft choice.

I started trusting the front office back in '06, and Bushrod's performance over the past 6 weeks backs up their trust in him. Awesome draft choice.

It really is crazy...they have brilliantly drafted us into SB contenders along with using free agency brilliantly (Brees, Vilma, Greer, Sharper). It makes me realize how far away we must have been during the Haslett years (though, at the time I thought we had a chance)

It's a combination of solid line play and the pocket presence and quick release of Drew Brees. Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, I don't think J. Brown is back next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom