saintbilly25

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn

·
10m

BREAKING: Memphis is finalizing a trade to send Jonas Valanciunas and 2021 Nos. 17 and 51 picks to New Orleans for Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, 2021 picks Nos. 10 and 40 and a protected 2022 first-round pick via the Lakers, sources tell ESPN.

Great. So this will further delay Jaxson Hayes from starting.

Great. So this will further delay Jaxson Hayes from starting.
Nothing wrong with having 2 talented centers that don't cost much.

This was a great trade. We moved down 7 spots in the draft and gave up a future first that is already top 10 protected while getting a center that can shoot from midrange as well as getting rid of Bledsoe. Also, we just got a big trade exemption and the money to go after Lowry

Plus there is nothing saying that we won't leverage JV and the 17th pick for another player. The point is we have flexibility now with both player acquisition and floor space.

Nothing wrong with having 2 talented centers that don't cost much.

This was a great trade. We moved down 7 spots in the draft and gave up a future first that is already top 10 protected while getting a center that can shoot from midrange as well as getting rid of Bledsoe. Also, we just got a big trade exemption and the money to go after Lowry

Plus there is nothing saying that we won't leverage JV and the 17th pick for another player. The point is we have flexibility now with both player acquisition and floor space.

Why is Lowry the target? Im asking as a casual fan who just sees that while good he's really old.

Why is Lowry the target? Im asking as a casual fan who just sees that while good he's really old.

Because he takes about seven 3's per game and makes roughly 40% of them - While dishing out about 7 assists per game and adding 17 points... While minimizing turnovers to like 1 or 2 a game... He also shoots like 90% from the FT line... He's exactly what this team needs at the point.

Last edited:
Because he takes about seven 3's per game and makes roughly 40% of them - While dishing out about 7 assists per game and 17 points... While minimizing turnovers to like 1 or 2 a game... He also shoots like 90% from the FT line... He's exactly what this team needs at the point.
What he said. Plus he is on an expiring contract which provides flexibility to resign or give cap room for next season. The FA market this season is not very good while next years is projected to be very strong (which can change with resignings)

Pels need to make the playoffs this year. Lowry is certainly has the talent and veteran leadership to do that with our young talent. And if his talent slips or a superstar becomes available we have the flexibility to move on.

At first it felt like an overpay to unload money, but after sleeping on it I really like this deal. I also think it allows Hayes to play while not being forced to be the starter quite yet which I still do not believe he is ready for.

As far as Lowry, I am fine bringing him in for a year, but I have heard rumors he wants a 4 year extension. Nah.

Oh yeah... I love the trade for Valanciunas... He's a Big that can shoot, and not live in the lane - Which means he won't be where Zion needs to be (like Adams did)... He can also stretch the floor and hit 3s - even though he doesn't take a lot of 3s... he can shoot them at a very good percentage for a Big... Also what we need.

Last edited:
What he said. Plus he is on an expiring contract which provides flexibility to resign or give cap room for next season. The FA market this season is not very good while next years is projected to be very strong (which can change with resignings)

Pels need to make the playoffs this year. Lowry is certainly has the talent and veteran leadership to do that with our young talent. And if his talent slips or a superstar becomes available we have the flexibility to move on.
Lowry is a restricted free agent, so he doesn't have a contract at all yet. That's where the problem lies. He is looking for $30 million per year on a 3 year contract, which is a ton for a 35 year old guard. He is very good for the reasons stated already, but he is a major risk due to age. If we could get him on a 2 year contract or a 3 year, but closer to $25 per instead of $30 or more, it would be a great move. But I think he will choose to go elsewhere, like Miami, unless we offer a good amount more.

Lowry is a restricted free agent, so he doesn't have a contract at all yet. That's where the problem lies. He is looking for $30 million per year on a 3 year contract, which is a ton for a 35 year old guard. He is very good for the reasons stated already, but he is a major risk due to age. If we could get him on a 2 year contract or a 3 year, but closer to $25 per instead of $30 or more, it would be a great move. But I think he will choose to go elsewhere, like Miami, unless we offer a good amount more.
It's looking like Lowery is a no go for us. There is talk of a sign and trade that will move Lonzo and net us Devonte Graham. Also rumors of CP3 following Willie Green here. Would love to see Bobby Portis as well but somebody is gonna overpay for him with the small FA market

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom