bigg Laurinitus OKLAHOMA DRILL (1 Viewer)

Louisibama

whodat?????we dat!!!!!
Reaction score
What are you guys opinion on laurinitus ( THE WHOLE BARBERSHOP DOGGED ME OUT ) and was ribbing me about how he got flat out ran over on the ( Oklahoma goal line drill )
Touchdown run by Oakland. But in laurinitus defense I was saying he was being blocked and had to catch the guy. What do y'all think. I think he will win more Oklahoma one on one with the running backs plays if it's goal line or first down we will see who goes backward Bigg L or the backs in the league. He made a quick read on the play also

I've never been impressed with JL. However, he is on our team now and I'll give him at least a full season. Sunday wasn't a good start tho

I've never been impressed with JL. However, he is on our team now and I'll give him at least a full season. Sunday wasn't a good start tho
You're being too polite! He needs to coach from the sidelines! That's it! That's All of It! I warned folks about him when we signed him, but like you said give him the benefit of the doubt. Heard nothing but great things during camp. I said ok lets see. Then I watched the preseason games and to me that was all she wrote. Everyone kept saying that it was just one game. Guess folks forgot about that sack that never happened in New England! Dude can't get off blocks and he his always a second or to late to the ball.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

He wasn't all that great for sure. I would rather see Craig Robertson or Stephone Anthony playing the MIKE than him. He's the 4th best linebacker on this team behind Ellerbe, Robertson, & Anthony in that order as of today IMO. If everyone is healthy then I want to see:

SAM: Anthony
MIKE: Robertson
WILL: Ellerbe

But with Ellerbe hurt, then JL has to start at MIKE with Robertson at WILL.

I wish we would run more 3-4 since Ellerbe is injured AGAIN.

OLB: Kruger, Edebali
ILB: JL
ILB: Robertson
OLB: Anthony

Or maybe have both Kruger & Edebali outside with Anthony & Robertson inside

He wasn't all that great for sure. I would rather see Craig Robertson or Stephone Anthony playing the MIKE than him. He's the 4th best linebacker on this team behind Ellerbe, Robertson, & Anthony in that order as of today IMO. If everyone is healthy then I want to see:

SAM: Anthony
MIKE: Robertson
WILL: Ellerbe

But with Ellerbe hurt, then JL has to start at MIKE with Robertson at WILL.

I wish we would run more 3-4 since Ellerbe is injured AGAIN.

OLB: Kruger, Edebali
ILB: JL
ILB: Robertson
OLB: Anthony

Or maybe have both Kruger & Edebali outside with Anthony & Robertson inside
What about Stupar? He might actually be better than JL. He certainly would have won that goalline stand.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

JL should have retired two seasons ago. I can't believe we're trying to make him the core of the defense. Vilma was a great LB pickup; JL isn't.

Lol it's funny how fast some poster's opinion can change. Back in training camp, people were talking about him like he was the second coming of Luke Kuechly.

James L looked like a defeated man vs Oakland. Almost over powered at times.
He really has to step it up against the Giants.

Lol it's funny how fast some poster's opinion can change. Back in training camp, people were talking about him like he was the second coming of Luke Kuechly.

I don't remember that, I do remember people saying he was a very intelligent LB, but that he had lost a step physically. So I think you are overly exaggerating what people were saying about him. I did see a few references to him possibly being like Vilma, but I never saw a soul on this board say or act like he would be the second coming of Luke Kuechly.

As long as he can stay healthy and get the other players then it's a win for this year. Obviously they weren't happy with what Anthony was doing last year.

He wasn't great Sunday that's for sure. 9 times out of 10 the RB with a full head of steam trucks a single player in the gap standing flat footed. He had no help on the play, but it was a prime example. Just doesn't seem that physically strong.

JL was brought in to get the defense lined up, he is not the player he used to be and I cant wait for Anthony to be placed back in the middle because he talent is being wasted on the outside as he is barely on the field because we are in Nickle and Dime alot and Anthony has youth and speed and wouldnt be taken off the field like JL is for Robertson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom