Bigger Win Saints Or Panthers!!! (1 Viewer)

husker

Reaction score
I was thinking who had a bigger win today. On one hand the Saints won a close came against a good team within the division. But, the Panthers went into San Diego (a team that a lot of people had going to the Super Bowl) and smacked them in the mouth. I think I might have to give it to the Panthers, that win is a huge boost to their confidence and it can propel them into the season.

Thoughts?

I'll take a division win against the reigning division champ over an out-of-conference win. Yes, beating SD was huge. So was beating TB. Although it is pretty clear Carolina will be a handful for everybody.

Definetly the Saints win over the reigning division winners was a bigger win. Carolina is no stranger to hype before last year they were picked to win the Superbowl like 5 years in a row. San Diego has been getting the hype the past couple of seasons because they have LT. Merriman isn;t what he used to be before the steroids...and the knee and their basketball player is always hurt. Picking the Bolts for the SB was nothing more than hype from people thinking that the best RB in NFL history(arguably) deserves a superbowl ring.

Carolina win was impressive, but the bigger win goes to games that have a Divisional Token with it.
Carolina can just chock up a W and hope to remain poised as they close in on playing their first Divisional game..

playing SD at there home and win it with 0 time on the clock on forth down,,,,, duno bout dat :s

I'm biased, but I'm going with the Saints. I wasn't impressed with Carolina's victory. They scored 1 offensive TD and SD seemed really lax out there until their final offensive drive. Their D has always been a bit overrated.

The Saints beat the division champ from a year ago who had a chip on their shoulder from feeling disrespected. The Bucs have a top 5 defense and we still scored 3 TDs on them and moved the ball fairly well. If it wasn't for one errant pass, the Bucs would have only scored 13 points on us all day.

Next week the Panthers have the Bears in Carolina, the Bears defense looks like it might be back to '06 form so we will see how good they are then.

Saints won the more important game, hands down. A LOT of pundits are picking Tampa to take this division and, now, Tampa is already playing 'catch-up' to the Saints.

However, the Panthers won without their #1 weapon, Steve Smith, so they can feel damn good about edging out a very powerful Chargers team in their own house.

We won without Deuce, MC Kenzie, Hollis :9:

And several new players played very well!
Porter, Vilma, Gay, McCray all looked like good additions. Grant while not a new addition played like we always hoped he would. Whoever 71 is he looked awfull good. The Defensive line looked like a high dollar defensive line.
Kris

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom