Biggest Beat Down that You have Witnessed during the Payton Era (1 Viewer)

That Colts game is certainly the most dominant. We've been able to embarrass teams with miss-matches through the air.

One game that stood out to me the most and OP mentioned it was that Bills game a few years back. We have never, under Payton, run the ball more dominantly than we did that game. We straight up man-handled them and for a team thats always had the stigma of finesse and soft, it was such a great feeling to see us put the beat down on the Bills. What is even more impressive is that the Bills were 5-3 and 4-0 at home coming into that game. We didn't just beat a bottom dweller, we stomped a playoff team built on solid defense and run game, on the road.

That was the first game that came to mind when I read the question. It felt so dominant because we've almost never beat a team in that fashion. The 15 or so play drive that was all runs is something you see from the Bears, not the Saints. Beautiful.

Crazy to say but Andrus Peat probably had the best performance of the year out of any O Lineman in that Bill's Game.

It was just Pancake after Pancake for him that game.

That's the Andrus Peat that we need again this year.

That's the game that put him on the map, and is why he is always considered for pro bowls.

It was one of the most dominant performances I have ever seen from an O Lineman

Honorable mention: The time we beat down the Rams and Greg Williams and the Dome played Circle of Life.

2011: Saints 62 Colts 7
That's got to be the biggest one. Most impressive regular season win to me was when we spanked the Patriots at home. I'll never forget Brady and Bill staring at the scoreboard in disbelief!

Crazy to say but Andrus Peat probably had the best performance of the year out of any O Lineman in that Bill's Game.

It was just Pancake after Pancake for him that game.

That's the Andrus Peat that we need again this year.

That's the game that put him on the map, and is why he is always considered for pro bowls.

It was one of the most dominant performances I have ever seen from an O Lineman
That's where Peat makes his money at, i.e. run blocking.

For me, it was the Redskins game in 2009 on our way to the Super Bowl.

The deadskin's fans all around us were way too cocky in the fourth quarter, figuring they had the game in the bag about to go up by ten. Then their kicker shanks a field goal, the air gets sucked out of FedEx field, and the Saints showed no mercy // took no prisoners. The mile walk to the Metro station after that game was death march, not a sound being made.... except for me, I was whistling and enjoying the walk amongst all that sad burgundy and yellow people.

Colts on both sides. The one we gave and in 2007 the one they gave to us. Thanks Jason David.

i was at the bengals beat down in 2018. went alone.

started in the end zone but i noticed some seats open at the 20 , second level.
moved to the forty 2nd level before the first ended.
first level 30 by the second
third or fourth row 50 by half.

snuck into the boxes at half time, tipped the bartender $10 for my cuervo shot and sat alone at the outside section of the box, chowed some yahoo's buffet line and left midway through the fourth.

good times.

Another vote for the 2009 Patriots game. We completely dominated the greatest dynasty of our lifetime, and they cried "Uncle!!!" when they pulled Tommy from the game.

I remember thinking that night, "My God, the Saints are the best team in the NFL. We're gonna win the Superbowl." For someone who lived through the thin years, it was surreal.

I would have to pick the Pats. While it didn't have the highest point total, we dominated a great team. I knew when we did that, we were going to win the Super Bowl.

2011: Saints 62 Colts 7

Yep. Brought my dad to that game. I remember him just being dumbfounded. Like he'd just seen the contents of Marcellus Wallace's briefcase. I forget his exact words, something along the lines of, "i never thought i'd see such a thing"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom