Biggest Fear in NYG Passing Game: Buress or Shockey? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Putting aside Tiki Barber's running, who do you think will hurt the Saints' defense most on Sunday? You can expect the rainbows going to Buress deep (every team has tried 2 to 3 against the Saints) but I fear Shockey more. It seems like tight ends have hurt us all year long and we've never had an answer.

Whomever Fred Thomas is covering.

The TE's have hurt us all year. Stoutmire does a pretty good job covering tight ends (Crumpler) but he has been hurt. I don't know of his status this game, but we will need him this week. If not, Shockey will not only have a good day, but a monster game. Of course, this all depends on how much pressure is put on Manning, something the Saints did not do against the Skins.

Eli. if he has time like campbell did last week he will hit both of them.

TEs definitely hurt us early in the year, but we've cleaned that up a bit over the past five games: 11 total catches, 209 rec.yards, and 0 TDs over those 5 games -- basically, a per game avg. of 2 catches for 41 yds, which isn't bad.

I think it will be Shockey. But he always ends up doing something stupid to balance it out so I wouldn't worry too much ;) This should be a good test for the Saints though, because the G-Men are going to be very desperate for a win.

I'm definitely more scared of the underneath stuff than the long ball. So I guess I'd go with the Shock.

Plaxico, cause they always try to get the ball in his hands...

Shockey can be a BIG problem too, but lately he has been blocking more.

So I am in the Championship for my fantasy league.. Burress is one of my go to guys. Is it blasphemy and/or badluck to keep him in against the Saints even though it may mean my season.

Both of them. Plaxico because of his height and ability to go up for the ball. Shockey because he finds the opening deep over the middle so well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom