Biggest homer on this board (1 Viewer)

DefensePlease

Jeff
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And I will admit it's coaching. Blame Anthony, Brees or Cooks...whatever. This teams problem is coaching. We have a top 3 offense and much improved defense. We were treading water and flat sunk the last 2 weeks. Well coached teams are ready in nov/dec.

That being said, after 06 SP was looking to be on his way out in 07, 08 and 09...then we win the SB

Allen is outcoaching Payton. Chew on that for a while. So is Carmichael for that matter. This regime is done and should have been shown the door a long time ago

Last edited:
Brees used to be known for looking off receivers and getting safety's to move. Now he stares down his targets. I don't know what is going on there.

Nah, it isn't coaching.

I don't think you guys understand how much dead money we have right now. We can't form a roster with nearly the same talent as other teams with $45M in dead money when the next highest team is the Browns with $30M in dead money.

You have to understand, a team with $30M in dead money looks like the BROWNS. They are winless. We have 1.5x the amount of dead money as they do and still look to hit 6-7 wins this season. Is it a lost season? Yes. But is the future bright? Also - yes.

Nah, it isn't coaching.

I don't think you guys understand how much dead money we have right now. We can't form a roster with nearly the same talent as other teams with $45M in dead money when the next highest team is the Browns with $30M in dead money.

You have to understand, a team with $30M in dead money looks like the BROWNS. They are winless. We have 1.5x the amount of dead money as they do and still look to hit 6-7 wins this season. Is it a lost season? Yes. But is the future bright? Also - yes.

Dead money is not a reason we lose games. It's an excuse.

Nah, it isn't coaching.

Some of those signings and the lack of success is on the coaching too. Not all of it, but some.

I agree about dead money. People complain about injuries but when you have UDFAs as backups and journeyman players with long injury histories what do you expect.

I don't share the optimism for the future because our big FA signings of late include Byrd, Spiller, Browner, and Fleener.

Nah, it isn't coaching.

LOL coaching got you there

Dead money didn't drop two sure-fire TD passes. Dead money didn't throw down the seam into quadruple coverage. Dead money didn't accrue 12+ penalties out there today or commit offside on 2nd and goal from the 1.

Dead money didn't abandon the running game on every 3rd and 2 (or short) in the game. Dead money also isn't the reason why every game we start slowly.

The simple fact is that there is MUCH wrong with this team from the front office to the coaching staff to the players. This team has consistently ignored that and instead has imagined that there were compartmental issues that could be cut and easily replaced, while failing to adequately look at if the process we use and leadership installed is what has corrupted the rest. I think 5 years of similar results clearly indicates we are who we think we are: an erratic, unpredictable, sometimes mercurial but oft-times unfocused team.

Dead money didn't drop two sure-fire TD passes. Dead money didn't throw down the seam into quadruple coverage. Dead money didn't accrue 12+ penalties out there today or commit offside on 2nd and goal from the 1.

Dead money didn't abandon the running game on every 3rd and 2 (or short) in the game. Dead money also isn't the reason why every game we start slowly.

The simple fact is that there is MUCH wrong with this team from the front office to the coaching staff to the players. This team has consistently ignored that and instead has imagined that there were compartmental issues that could be cut and easily replaced, while failing to adequately look at if the process we use and leadership installed is what has corrupted the rest. I think 5 years of similar results clearly indicates we are who we think we are.

Whoever this "Dead Money" is, the Saints might have a 5-year extension waiting for them in a briefcase.

Or the Rams have a shiny new contract for him.

Nah, it isn't coaching.

I agree with most of this. Saints have a very spotty roster. Great talent at some positions, really bad at others. And there's not much depth. Most of this is due to the cap situation. Mediocre roster because of poor cap management + extensive injuries = 2016 Saints. To be fair, Saints have been competitive and could have won all but one or two games this season (Atlanta and Detroit). Saints aren't getting blown out, but they're also not blowing anyone out either.

Today's game was a lot like week 2 @Giants. Defense fought like hell, offense put up a stinker. Cap situation has to get better, Saints need to add some quality depth on the OL in free agency, and they need to bring in another strong draft class.

That being said, after 06 SP was looking to be on his way out in 07, 08 and 09...then we win the SB

We are Super Bowl bound next year.......

When you hear those words, what is your gut reaction? Mine is that I don't believe that anymore.

We are a way different team then we were in 07 and 08, at least in regards to having a confident leader who can effectively steer our team. I think it's time to let go and face the truth. Sean Payton lost something along the way and I don't see a Super Bowl for the Saints with him at the helm.

I hope I'm wrong..... but I don't think I am.

The simple fact is that there is MUCH wrong with this team from the front office to the coaching staff to the players. This team has consistently ignored that and instead has imagined that there were compartmental issues that could be cut and easily replaced, while failing to adequately look at if the process we use and leadership installed is what has corrupted the rest. I think 5 years of similar results clearly indicates we are who we think we are: an erratic, unpredictable, sometimes mercurial but oft-times unfocused team.

Very well said.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom