Biggest homer on this board (1 Viewer)

When you have different players making the same mistakes then it's coaching.

C O A C H I N G

I agree about dead money. People complain about injuries but when you have UDFAs as backups and journeyman players with long injury histories what do you expect.

I don't share the optimism for the future because our big FA signings of late include Byrd, Spiller, Browner, and Fleener.

But also Fairley, Breaux and Roberstson.

Of course it's coaching.

Nah, it isn't coaching.

I don't think you guys understand how much dead money we have right now. We can't form a roster with nearly the same talent as other teams with $45M in dead money when the next highest team is the Browns with $30M in dead money.

You have to understand, a team with $30M in dead money looks like the BROWNS. They are winless. We have 1.5x the amount of dead money as they do and still look to hit 6-7 wins this season. Is it a lost season? Yes. But is the future bright? Also - yes.

Nah, it isn't coaching.

I don't think you guys understand how much dead money we have right now. We can't form a roster with nearly the same talent as other teams with $45M in dead money when the next highest team is the Browns with $30M in dead money.

You have to understand, a team with $30M in dead money looks like the BROWNS. They are winless. We have 1.5x the amount of dead money as they do and still look to hit 6-7 wins this season. Is it a lost season? Yes. But is the future bright? Also - yes.

So somehow showing that we have more organizational disarray than the BROWNS, which is what leads to so much dead money, exculpates the coaching staff?

There's plenty of blame to go around, but without Drew, we're staring down the barrel of a similar situation as the Browns. To me, that clearly spells out incompetent management.

Dead money didn't drop two sure-fire TD passes. Dead money didn't throw down the seam into quadruple coverage. Dead money didn't accrue 12+ penalties out there today or commit offside on 2nd and goal from the 1.

Dead money didn't abandon the running game on every 3rd and 2 (or short) in the game. Dead money also isn't the reason why every game we start slowly.

The simple fact is that there is MUCH wrong with this team from the front office to the coaching staff to the players. This team has consistently ignored that and instead has imagined that there were compartmental issues that could be cut and easily replaced, while failing to adequately look at if the process we use and leadership installed is what has corrupted the rest. I think 5 years of similar results clearly indicates we are who we think we are: an erratic, unpredictable, sometimes mercurial but oft-times unfocused team.

The hard, nasty truth. It is a fact that more often than not, this is the team we have been during Sean Payton's tenure here. If you want to be charitable and remove 2012 from the mix, we now have 5 playoff seasons and 5 seasons at or below .500.

So somehow showing that we have more organizational disarray than the BROWNS, which is what leads to so much dead money, exculpates the coaching staff?

There's plenty of blame to go around, but without Drew, we're staring down the barrel of a similar situation as the Browns. To me, that clearly spells out incompetent management.

The hard, nasty truth. It is a fact that more often than not, this is the team we have been during Sean Payton's tenure here. If you want to be charitable and remove 2012 from the mix, we now have 5 playoff seasons and 5 seasons at or below .500.

It's pretty evident that these guys mean in-game coaching - playcalling, penalties, formational issues, etc. They aren't talking about management.

I agree that management has missed *way* too much lately.

Anyway, I'll let you guys debate it all further. See you guys next season.

Sean Payton lost something along the way and I don't see a Super Bowl for the Saints with him at the helm.

I hope I'm wrong..... but I don't think I am.

2012 happened. Whatever it was, it wasnt Bountygate. He didnt get suspended for a year because of that. There was something more that went on behind closed doors that we wont ever know about. If BB was caught with SpyGate and Deflategate and not suspended for that then we know our story was BS.

Our stock will never be lower than next year with Brees at the helm. If we cant get better than 7 wins next year, this team will never see another SB for another 40 years. Thats a fact. The team didnt give up all year except this game. That injury report is a charade. Payton held out all those players today for a reason. Maybe its draft position, or Payton evaluating talent, but they werent injured. Winning any one of the remaining games does nothing for us. Put in players off the PS or whatever because trying to win doesnt save face. Its too late for that. 7-9 2 years in a row and now possibly a 3rd? I dont see it. 6-10 at best is what Im thinking.

Both the Bucs and Falcons are tied so neither team can lose to us if they want the Division crown. The Bucs could go from worst to first and it wouldnt surprise me. This team has a decent defense and a decent offense. I hope we keep force feeding the ball to Cooks. Leave Thomas on the sidelines. He could be our A.Brown next year.

We have a few missing pieces that could elevate us next year but it looks like today the team is mailing it in and Im fine with that. We are not getting to 8-8. Falcons and/or Bucs will sweep us so there isnt a silver lining to anything after today other than next year.

2012 happened. Whatever it was, it wasnt Bountygate. He didnt get suspended for a year because of that. There was something more that went on behind closed doors that we wont ever know about. If BB was caught with SpyGate and Deflategate and not suspended for that then we know our story was BS.

Our stock will never be lower than next year with Brees at the helm. If we cant get better than 7 wins next year, this team will never see another SB for another 40 years. Thats a fact. The team didnt give up all year except this game. That injury report is a charade. Payton held out all those players today for a reason. Maybe its draft position, or Payton evaluating talent, but they werent injured. Winning any one of the remaining games does nothing for us. Put in players off the PS or whatever because trying to win doesnt save face. Its too late for that. 7-9 2 years in a row and now possibly a 3rd? I dont see it. 6-10 at best is what Im thinking.

Both the Bucs and Falcons are tied so neither team can lose to us if they want the Division crown. The Bucs could go from worst to first and it wouldnt surprise me. This team has a decent defense and a decent offense. I hope we keep force feeding the ball to Cooks. Leave Thomas on the sidelines. He could be our A.Brown next year.

We have a few missing pieces that could elevate us next year but it looks like today the team is mailing it in and Im fine with that. We are not getting to 8-8. Falcons and/or Bucs will sweep us so there isnt a silver lining to anything after today other than next year.

It wouldn't make much sense to suspend him for something else but never tell the public the truth especially when the concussion issue was at its peak. I don't understand your reasoning as to why you think the league would lie about the reason for his suspension.

It's also not a fact that we won't make it back to another Super Bowl even if next year is Drew and Payton's last. You never know what can happen in this league. The Patriots only had a handful of really good seasons before 2001, and then they won a Super Bowl with a coach who'd been fired from a previous HC job and a 2nd year 6th rounder at QB.

Another thing that doesn't make any sense is why SP would sit starters and/or play practice squad guys. There's no logical reason for him to have done that this game when we still controlled our own destiny, and it wouldn't make sense to play w PS guys moving forward bc that can injure people. It also wouldn't help his job security moving forward.

The one part where I do agree w you is regarding what would help us most moving forward - a poor record for better picks. I disagree w you tho where you say you want to try to lose. I don't agree w many here who say losing/winning carries over to the next season, but playing to lose breeds a poor atmosphere, and that won't help us next year.

I think the best thing moving forward is to play conservatively. We should sit any vet that has been pushing through moderate - serious injury and replace them with the vets and younger guys who need to prove their roster spot. See how well the rookies and vets on their last year can produce w increased playing time. Just keep it safe and simple.

We clearly need to make changes, but we should also still aim to play well.

It wouldn't make much sense to suspend him for something else but never tell the public the truth especially when the concussion issue was at its peak. I don't understand your reasoning as to why you think the league would lie about the reason for his suspension.

The league would lie about anything. Integrity for one.

We aren't controlling games anymore. We aren't forcing the other team to react to us, we are reacting to our opponent. Even in our blowouts this season we have started slow. We've played catchup in too many contests. This team maybe scrappy and talented, but they aren't (sure as H*** aren't) dictating the games they play. Cooks getting greedy is a sign of the team losing focus. A lot of it is coaching. I don't think Payton has "lost it" by any stretch, but the mentality going into a game needs to shift. The balls to call Ambush because you KNOW its going to work is the leadership we need for this team. That and players who can F****** ball... Fleener is not the answer. Period. Neither is cadet. That being said, we can make do with this if we spend our money on the defense. It still needs help, and there won't be an offense after Brees. Build it. Invest in it.

Dead money didn't drop two sure-fire TD passes. Dead money didn't throw down the seam into quadruple coverage. Dead money didn't accrue 12+ penalties out there today or commit offside on 2nd and goal from the 1.

Dead money didn't abandon the running game on every 3rd and 2 (or short) in the game. Dead money also isn't the reason why every game we start slowly.

The simple fact is that there is MUCH wrong with this team from the front office to the coaching staff to the players. This team has consistently ignored that and instead has imagined that there were compartmental issues that could be cut and easily replaced, while failing to adequately look at if the process we use and leadership installed is what has corrupted the rest. I think 5 years of similar results clearly indicates we are who we think we are: an erratic, unpredictable, sometimes mercurial but oft-times unfocused team.

Kind of like they were under haslett

I wish we could see Mr Benson get mad and do something to shake things up... but nope and Mickey and Sean know it.

Nah, it isn't coaching.

Yeah dead money definitely hurts, but I'm worried it'll continue. Look at our big FA splashes we made this year, it looks like we'll be back to the dead money cellar if we keep spending like we have been. I just think we need to make solid spending choices without breaking the bank or we'll be right back again.

I think if we can get 4-5 starters/solid contributors we'll be on the right track. Doesn't need to be the top tier guy necessarily but someone who is consistent or is maybe stuck in a numbers game type situation that has the potential but doesn't see the field as much because they are stuck behind an All Pro.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The Saints should have won by 11. TWO dropped touchdown passes that would have been the difference. That's not coaching, that's execution.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom