Biggest Sports Related Regrets (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
I was just wondering, what were some of the biggest regrets in sports history from both a player's perspective and that of ownership. I am thinking NFL but it doesn't have to be just NFL related.

Off the top of my head, I can remember Art Modell saying that he really regretted trying to force Jim Brown's hand to come back to training camp and started fining him daily which led to Brown retiring early. I can also remember thinking that whether they admit it or not, the Saints lettng the Great Dane Morten Andersen hit free agency and ending up with the Falcons HAS to be a huge regret.

I also think that maybe Tiki Barber regretted retiring the year before the Giants won their first SB with Eli Manning.

And maybe if the Chargers regret letting both Brees and Sproles go to the Saints.
Can you think of any others?

I can also remember thinking that whether they admit it or not, the Saints lettng the Great Dane Morten Andersen hit free agency and ending up with the Falcons HAS to be a huge regret.

http://youtu.be/7xuwOI6lb_g

Mora has been pretty open about his regret for cutting Andersen. They thought they could cut him and re-sign him on the cheap.

Oh well.

I was just wondering, what were some of the biggest regrets in sports history from both a player's perspective and that of ownership. I am thinking NFL but it doesn't have to be just NFL related.

Off the top of my head, I can remember Art Modell saying that he really regretted trying to force Jim Brown's hand to come back to training camp and started fining him daily which led to Brown retiring early. I can also remember thinking that whether they admit it or not, the Saints lettng the Great Dane Morten Andersen hit free agency and ending up with the Falcons HAS to be a huge regret.

I also think that maybe Tiki Barber regretted retiring the year before the Giants won their first SB with Eli Manning.

And maybe if the Chargers regret letting both Brees and Sproles go to the Saints.
Can you think of any others?

Tiki Barber's absence from that team was a big part of how they came on at the end of the year by coming together IMO. No way they put together that streak with his cancerous attitude in the locker room. He had grown to hate Coughlin it seemed....JMO

Letting Big Willie Roaf and Laroi Glover both go were moves I thought the Saints should regret with hindsight. Not sure if the team actually did or not. I think they were both expensive free agents but they went on to be productive at KC and Dallas respectively.

Drafting Ricky Williams. Actually better yet, hiring Mike Ditka.

As bad as that was, it really wasn't that bad if you factor in everything. It's a shame people still think it was like we gave up the world and got nothing in return.

A couple of small ones that actually worked in our favor- KC could've paid more to keep Joe Horn, SD shouldn't have drafted Rivers and should've resigned Brees.

Portland not drafting Michael Jordan.

If you talk about all of sports then I can't think of a better choice than this. At least Houston got Hakeem and they won two championships but Portland haven't won anything since 77. One could argue that they had Drexler playing the same position so I guess it would be an easy decision now but I bet it was a tough decision at the time.

San Diego letting Brees go had to be a huge disappoint for them. Not so much for us though! Who Dat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom