Bill Cosby (Update: PA Supreme Court overturns conviction) (1 Viewer)

There was quite a few mentions of the Cosby Show on CNN's History of the Sitcom

Mostly some version of "despite the revelations you can't deny the groundbreaking impact, popularity and influence of the show"

Oh and this post didn't age well

I just finished reading Furious Cool, the biography of Richard Pryor and he most definitely was haunted by major demons.

I've heard that about a lot of comedians.

I hope it's not all of them I would be stunned and saddened to learn that Bill Cosby is pretty dark in his day to day life.

nah. i worked at dps (la dept state police, aka dps, aka, the governing department over the office of motor vehicles, among other random sheet, i.e., useless as fork all fire marshal) and the pilots are forking butt crevasses.

i thought my stepfather was a douchebag of a pilot. no, he was strawberry shortcake compared to those jackwads.

try talking an butt crevasse through how to power off a toughbook (laptop) and want to pull your hair out. yes. that bad. oh, you can push random buttons and are called a pilot because you are taught to push them? oh. ok. yet, following basic instructions on how to forking god damn power off a laptop? fork. gtfo.

not just the ignorance, but the condescending tone, with strong arrogance, of their superiority, is enough to hope they crash. yep. i said it. crash. crashy mccrash crash.

yes. my rant on the ignorance and blatant stupidity of the dps helicopter pilots.
had no idea douche and strawberry shortcake were on the same continuum

There was quite a few mentions of the Cosby Show on CNN's History of the Sitcom

Mostly some version of "despite the revelations you can't deny the groundbreaking impact, popularity and influence of the show"
La la la la... I haven't watched yet. lol Yeah, you can't not mention it.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A prominent Bill Cosby accuser filed suit Thursday against the actor over a 1990 hotel room encounter in Atlantic City, New Jersey, before the state’s two-year window to file older sexual assault claims expires.

Los Angeles artist Lili Bernard told The Associated Press she was prompted in part by Cosby’s recent release from prison. The 84-year-old Cosby has been free since June, when the Pennsylvania Supreme Court overturned his 2018 sexual assault conviction in another case on procedural grounds…….

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A prominent Bill Cosby accuser filed suit Thursday against the actor over a 1990 hotel room encounter in Atlantic City, New Jersey, before the state’s two-year window to file older sexual assault claims expires.

Los Angeles artist Lili Bernard told The Associated Press she was prompted in part by Cosby’s recent release from prison. The 84-year-old Cosby has been free since June, when the Pennsylvania Supreme Court overturned his 2018 sexual assault conviction in another case on procedural grounds…….

I was wondering if this would happen. Someone who was assaulted see him freed and decide they have to speak up now.

I was wondering if this would happen. Someone who was assaulted see him freed and decide they have to speak up now.

Surprised he didn't leave the country. Well...not really. The amount of hubris he displayed after being released despite spending time in prison shows just how much he thinks he is culpable for his actions.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Prosecutors urged the U.S. Supreme Court to reinstate Bill Cosby’s sexual assault conviction, complaining in a petition released Monday the verdict was thrown out over a questionable agreement that the comic claimed gave him lifetime immunity.

They said the Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision in June to overturn Cosby’s conviction created a dangerous precedent by giving a press release the legal weight of an immunity agreement.

Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin Steele called the court’s decision “an indefensible rule,”predicting an onslaught of criminal appeals if it remains law……

Jury selection in a civil trial against Bill Cosby began in Los Angeles this week, nearly a year after the actor was freed from prison when his conviction on charges of drugging and sexually assaulting another woman were overturned.

The trial in Los Angeles concerns allegations by Judy Huth, who has accused Cosby of sexually abusing her at the Playboy mansion in 1975 when she was 16 and he was 37. She had initially alleged that Cosby assaulted her in 1974 when she was 15, but later revised that claim.

Huth first filed the lawsuit in 2014, as Cosby faced accusations from dozens of women, but the case was delayed due to a criminal trial in Pennsylvania.

In that case, a Pennsylvania jury convicted Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand in 2004. Cosby had previously agreed to pay Constand more than $3m as part of a civil settlement.

The state’s supreme court overturned Cosby’s conviction on a legal technicality last year and released him from prison just two years into his sentence. The move dealt a painful blow to the dozens of women who have accused the TV star of sexual assault, attempted abuse and harassment……

Jury selection in a civil trial against Bill Cosby began in Los Angeles this week, nearly a year after the actor was freed from prison when his conviction on charges of drugging and sexually assaulting another woman were overturned.

The trial in Los Angeles concerns allegations by Judy Huth, who has accused Cosby of sexually abusing her at the Playboy mansion in 1975 when she was 16 and he was 37. She had initially alleged that Cosby assaulted her in 1974 when she was 15, but later revised that claim.

Huth first filed the lawsuit in 2014, as Cosby faced accusations from dozens of women, but the case was delayed due to a criminal trial in Pennsylvania.

In that case, a Pennsylvania jury convicted Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand in 2004. Cosby had previously agreed to pay Constand more than $3m as part of a civil settlement.

The state’s supreme court overturned Cosby’s conviction on a legal technicality last year and released him from prison just two years into his sentence. The move dealt a painful blow to the dozens of women who have accused the TV star of sexual assault, attempted abuse and harassment……

I guess the statute of limitations do not apply to civil trials.

I guess the statute of limitations do not apply to civil trials.

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. @superchuck500 what say you on this?

There is no single statute of limitations. There are statutes of limitation for various crimes and civil claims that are different based on the claim involved and the context.

California's statute of limitations for civil claims relating to sexual abuse where the victim was a minor at the time of the incident have been extended a different times recently (retroactive) and it includes a provision for the victim to introduce expert testimony that the victim's recollection of the assault was repressed.

This civil suit was actually filed in 2014, 39 years after the alleged incident - but the plaintiff was 16 at the time of the alleged incident. So she can introduce evidence that the memory was repressed until such time ___________, and that time was within the CA statute of limitations.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom