Bill Cosby (Update: PA Supreme Court overturns conviction) (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What does your gut tell you about these rape allegations about Bill Cosby?

I remember the case from about 10 years ago that was settled out of court.

But there have been quite a few more women coming forward in the past couple weeks.

Is it possible that we have a Darren Sharper situation here?

I really hope that these charges are unfounded.

I haven't really followed it but I've been surprised there hasn't been more discussion here. I'd be a bit disappointed but not overly surprised.

i can't say that i suspected anything before the allegations, but there is something about someone so consistently and loudly playing moral police that immoral behavior should not be a surprise anymore
antigay railers caught with young boys
antidrug crusaders caught shooting heroin
pro-family advocates on their 4th wives
it's really at the point that if someone is publicly sitting in judgement of someone, we should anticipate a closet full of skeletons

What does your gut tell you about these rape allegations about Bill Cosby?

I remember the case from about 10 years ago that was settled out of court.

But there have been quite a few more women coming forward in the past couple weeks.

Is it possible that we have a Darren Sharper situation here?

I really hope that these charges are unfounded.

Bill Cosby's Silence On Rape Allegations Makes Huge Media Noise : NPR

His attorney did provide a statement posted on Cosby's website that said, in part, "decade-old, discredited allegations against Mr. Cosby have resurfaced. The fact that they are being repeated does not make them true. Mr. Cosby doesn't not intend to dignify these allegations with any comment."

Later, a joint statement from Cosby's attorney and a lawyer for Andrea Constand, a woman who settled a lawsuit with Cosby over such allegations in 2006, was posted on the site that read, in part: "The statement released by Mr. Cosby's attorney over the weekend was not intended to refer in any way to Andrea Constand. As previously reported, differences between Mr. Cosby and Ms. Constand were resolved to the mutual satisfaction of Mr. Cosby and Ms. Constand years ago."

You think he is spiking their pudding pop.
tumblr_lq5qsw4v2B1qfjko2o1_r1_400.gif

Why now though? If he did these acts years ago, why now and not then? I f2f he did it, why settle out of court?

Interesting that out of all the allegations, not one has followed up with a credible criminal investigation. My gut tells me the sex was consensual, and the other 12 ladies are ****** they didn't get a payoff like the one did.

i can't say that i suspected anything before the allegations, but there is something about someone so consistently and loudly playing moral police that immoral behavior should not be a surprise anymore
antigay railers caught with young boys
antidrug crusaders caught shooting heroin
pro-family advocates on their 4th wives
it's really at the point that if someone is publicly sitting in judgement of someone, we should anticipate a closet full of skeletons

Yea but his "moral policing" has been mostly recent and has always struck me as him just being a typical grouchy old man.

His personal crusade has always been about holding families, particularly black fathers, to a high standard, but throughout his career he addressed it by trying to set a positive example. You have to try pretty hard to find fault with that. Then once he was basically retired it kind of deteriorated into old man rants. So I don't put him on the same level as your examples.

Interesting that out of all the allegations, not one has followed up with a credible criminal investigation. My gut tells me the sex was consensual, and the other 12 ladies are ****** they didn't get a payoff like the one did.

If it was one woman I'd probably agree. But it's hard to believe when the number gets up into double digits. That's a lot of smoke for there to be no fire.

Pick a target with money, aim....

And with a creepy bit of foreshadowing (alleged), here is a clip of Bill Cosby doing a comedy bit about slipping a drug to unsuspecting women (Spanish Fly).
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LAorIG6MZnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom