Bill Johnson and the 4 Pt Stance (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
How long does Bill Johnson continue to dupe Sean Payton into thinking the 4 pt stance is innovative. Bill had some luck when Gregg was here and he thinks it should still work..If you look at the d lines that effect the passer the most all of them run 3 pt stances. Either he doesn't know how to teach the 3pt stance or he truly believes in the 4 pt ....Bill I know you and your family have to eat so
go find you something in college and leave so that your friend Sean doesn't have to fire you!!!!

I am sick and tired of calling it that joe vitt and bill johnson are the root of all evil on the defensive side ... DCs have been getting tossed around years after years but these two guys stay put..

Complete lack of pressure from the D line all game. Same soft middle with DTs not filling the gaps, LBs back pedaling and getting washed out, and our players being run over. Same problems covering side to side. Nothing has changed despite the new DC and a few different players.

i want to know why joe vitt still has a job

I want to be careful about jumping on this team after a heart breaking loss. The team played with all their heart. When Breaux went down, that was a gane changer.

But I have been asking for now 3-years why Vitt, Johnson and McMahon are still here. Vitt and Johnson have no record of quality coaching. The special teams today were ABYSMAL! Our return teams were negative.

I love SP, but his short fall may be over loyalty to under-performing coach "buddies."

I've never been a fan of the 4 point stance unless it's near the goal line where leverage is king. You sacrifice too much mobility at the point of attack and it's harder to get going side to side out of the 4 point stance. I think we need wholesale changes from top to bottom. Leaving Vitt, Johnson and other long time assistants in place isn't working.

Allen needs to go as well. He's average at best. No pass rush with the young corners we have is death. Every competent NFL offense will score at will on a defense that doesn't get pressure up front. I think we need a young up and coming DC out of the college ranks to lead the defense. It can't get any worse than it already is.

And yes, special teams were terrible today. Yet the guy who can't figure out how to train a kicker still has a job.

I am sick and tired of calling it that joe vitt and bill johnson are the root of all evil on the defensive side ... DCs have been getting tossed around years after years but these two guys stay put..

it is called nepotism
same reason the special teams coach still has a job despite multiple years on ineptitude

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom