Bill O'Reilly discusses whether to "lynch" Obama on his radio show (1 Viewer)

jasonl55

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
In the context at which he is using it, I don't see the problem. He is tyring to get his caller to calm down by saying he would want everyone to get riled up over something that was "misspoken". He then says he wants to find out the truth about Michelle Obama's statement. People need to quit putting race in everything. Obama is probably going to be the Democractic nominee and not because he is black but because he the the best person for the job.

OP

Broad St. Saint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
People shouldn't inject race into everything.

But I can think of about 5 words right off the top of my head that you shouldn't use when discussing African Americans unless you want to end your career. "Lynch" wouldn't be #1, but it sure would make the list, with the caveat that you could probably use it * carefully * to actually describe an actual historical lynching.

saintkev

Very Banned
Reaction score
much to do about nothing if you ask me. Bill,when Al Sharpton was on his show told him he would put him "in chains". The left wing backlash was hilarious.

Reaction score
much to do about nothing if you ask me. Bill,when Al Sharpton was on his show told him he would put him "in chains". The left wing backlash was hilarious.
It almost makes you wonder if he does this stuff on purpose.

Many of his viewers are the type of people who would sympathize with O'Reilly for the backlash he recieved and it only solidifies his position that we are in a "culture war" and that the "PC police" are ruining the country.

I'm not offended by what he said, and I don't really think anyone should be. OTOH, it was a dumb thing to say considering the fact that we all recognize that such a statement is going to upset certain people. It could be, however, dumb like a fox [no pun intended].

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
O'Reilly is the P.T. Barnum of the news. He's a showman more than a news anchor.

"Hurry, hurry, hurry! Step right up! See the wonder of the ages!"

Reaction score
O'Reilly is the P.T. Barnum of the news. He's a showman more than a news anchor.

"Hurry, hurry, hurry! Step right up! See the wonder of the ages!"
I don't think anyone would confuse him with a news anchor, but O'Reilly is definitely a showman. He is a caricature of the profit-driven media.

City Champ

HOF 2010
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
that O'Reilly cat sure has come a long way from doing "investigative" journalism for one of those crap syndicated entertainment shows...

well not really but, just sayin...

Sardonios

Homer-for-life
Reaction score
I'm offended. There are some words you just don't use when talking about with particular people and events. "Discuss" should never be used in connection with what takes place on O'Reilly's radio show. Please, take it back.

keepoursaints

I hate American Airlines
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sorry but all these word police and people getting their panties in a wad over comments is getting ridiculous.

We can't say the word noose anymore.. can't say the word lynch, etc.. geez people.

I'm not advocating anything associated with them, but are we not grownups? I think it's probably going to ok.

Stick and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Superfan

45th
Reaction score
I like Oreilly. he has less of an agenda than olberman and Chris matthews. to be honest i watch hardball at 6 and oreilly at 7 and during commercials watch olderman. I dont enjoy watching hannity but i like alan colmes.

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Sardonias, it was a dumb comment, Thats pretty much obvious. But at the risk of sounding a bit like Dadsdream, this is Bill-o we are getting at. I mean you know what you going to get from him. If I wanted too I could easily criticize guys like Kieth OLberman or Chris Matthews for their belligerence ness. it would be easy because its so easy to detect every time you turn on MSNBC. I have my doubts about a lot of people in the media, I criticize them from time to time but thats the nature of who they are. FOX is a right wing mostly conservative news agency, people know that I would hope, just as MSNBC is probably more left wing slanted and CNN is too perhaps. their feeding into their constituency, just like the guy who made a stupid comment on Chelsea Clinton being pimped out and looked what happened to him. He got suspended and laughed at as a result. I mean if people hate Fox News they should stop watching them, pure and simple. but they dont, so they get comments like these, its pure money driven and for a profit. Thats all the media is, like Reb Saint has said so many times, its all making money and getting a message across at the same time.

Its what they do best and why we listen to it night after night continuously

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom