Bill O'Reilly discusses whether to "lynch" Obama on his radio show (1 Viewer)

Sardonias, it was a dumb comment, Thats pretty much obvious. But at the risk of sounding a bit like Dadsdream, this is Bill-o we are getting at. I mean you know what you going to get from him. If I wanted too I could easily criticize guys like Kieth OLberman or Chris Matthews for their belligerence ness. it would be easy because its so easy to detect every time you turn on MSNBC. I have my doubts about a lot of people in the media, I criticize them from time to time but thats the nature of who they are. FOX is a right wing mostly conservative news agency, people know that I would hope, just as MSNBC is probably more left wing slanted and CNN is too perhaps. their feeding into their constituency, just like the guy who made a stupid comment on Chelsea Clinton being pimped out and looked what happened to him. He got suspended and laughed at as a result. I mean if people hate Fox News they should stop watching them, pure and simple. but they dont, so they get comments like these, its pure money driven and for a profit. Thats all the media is, like Reb Saint has said so many times, its all making money and getting a message across at the same time.

Its what they do best and why we listen to it night after night continuously

I oppose lynching the Obama's.

That said, Mrs. Obama should be more nervous if O'Reilly mentions using a loufa.

I'm sorry but all these word police and people getting their panties in a wad over comments is getting ridiculous.

We can't say the word noose anymore.. can't say the word lynch, etc.. geez people.

I'm not advocating anything associated with them, but are we not grownups? I think it's probably going to ok.

Stick and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Hey You, watch it with that "panties" business.

;)

I'm sorry but all these word police and people getting their panties in a wad over comments is getting ridiculous.

We can't say the word noose anymore.. can't say the word lynch, etc.. geez people.

I'm not advocating anything associated with them, but are we not grownups? I think it's probably going to ok.

Stick and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Are you serious? Words do not matter?
I am not saying put the guy in jail or anything but media companies need to have some responsibility.
Would you feel the same way if he was talking about putting a jew in an oven or gas chamber?

There are certain words that I know invoke anger and feelings of pain and suffering and I do understand that, however I think it's been so blown out of proportion in the past year I'm afraid of where it's going to end up.

Just the sheer mention of a noose now, regardless of the context is not acceptable and that's just silly.

Take the Tiger Woods situation.. what the reporter said was dumb, no doubt of that at all, but that whole incident should have gone no further once Tiger came out and said he spoke with her.. she apolgized and he was fine with it. Why as it necessary for Sharpton, Jim Brown, etc to make such a big deal about it?

It's just going so overboard that I think it's silly.

Seriously about the Jew comments it wouldn't effect me one way or another. I wouldn't be up in arms and I wouldn't condone it, but I wouldn't see the big deal unless they really did take another Jew and do that again. It happened in the past.. as did slavery. Both were extremely atrocious, but you can never move forward from the past if you don't let it be the past. Not to say you don't learn from mistakes in the past, but come on.

It's all very confusing for me on a very personal level.

My English ancestors are constantly berating my Irish ancestors, who are continually at odds with my Scotch ancestors, who truly despise my French ancestors.

Meanwhile, all my white ancestors want to kill my Native American ancestors and steal their land while my Choctaw and Cherokee ancestors want my white ancestors to go back where they came from.

My Catholic ancestors fear for the immortal souls of my Protestant ancestors while my Protestant ancestors are certain that the Pope is the anti-Christ.

Then, there's the unknown ancestors, of unknown origins, unknown skin hue and unknown religious beliefs...I believe everybody in Louisiana and Mississippi has at least one of those, right? :hihi:

Sorry, I don't by any of this B.S. about it being overblown.

I haven't had a lobotomy.

I know not to suggest lynching a black man.

I know not to suggest throwing a Jew in an oven.

I know not to threaten to scalp a native American.

I know not to ask if a woman is on the rag.

What's so damn complicated about that? And don't pull obscure references out that people mightt not know. It's not the same.

Seriously about the Jew comments it wouldn't effect me one way or another. I wouldn't be up in arms and I wouldn't condone it, but I wouldn't see the big deal unless they really did take another Jew and do that again. It happened in the past.. as did slavery. Both were extremely atrocious, but you can never move forward from the past if you don't let it be the past. Not to say you don't learn from mistakes in the past, but come on.

You've got to be kidding me?

You might want to re-think that. Unbelievable.

Sorry, I don't by any of this B.S. about it being overblown.

I haven't had a lobotomy.

I know not to suggest lynching a black man.

I know not to suggest throwing a Jew in an oven.

I know not to threaten to scalp a native American.

I know not to ask if a woman is on the rag.

What's so damn complicated about that? And don't pull obscure references out that people mightt not know. It's not the same.

Not being sarcastic, but what was the obscure reference?

Basically what some golf reporter, shock jock, radio talk show person says doesn't affect me directly so I don't let it bother me. I have more pressing things to worry about in my life. Is that right or wrong or how you would do it? No, but to each their own. I choose not to get worked up over words that aren't directly directed at me an my family specifically.

Sardonias, it was a dumb comment, Thats pretty much obvious. But at the risk of sounding a bit like Dadsdream, this is Bill-o we are getting at. I mean you know what you going to get from him. If I wanted too I could easily criticize guys like Kieth OLberman or Chris Matthews for their belligerence ness. it would be easy because its so easy to detect every time you turn on MSNBC. I have my doubts about a lot of people in the media, I criticize them from time to time but thats the nature of who they are. FOX is a right wing mostly conservative news agency, people know that I would hope, just as MSNBC is probably more left wing slanted and CNN is too perhaps. their feeding into their constituency, just like the guy who made a stupid comment on Chelsea Clinton being pimped out and looked what happened to him. He got suspended and laughed at as a result. I mean if people hate Fox News they should stop watching them, pure and simple. but they dont, so they get comments like these, its pure money driven and for a profit. Thats all the media is, like Reb Saint has said so many times, its all making money and getting a message across at the same time.

Its what they do best and why we listen to it night after night continuously

I more-or-less agree with all of that. The "I'm offended" comment was directed at the OP's callous and unthinking use of the word "discuss" in the title :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom