Bill O'Reilly discusses whether to "lynch" Obama on his radio show (1 Viewer)

In the context at which he is using it, I don't see the problem. He is tyring to get his caller to calm down by saying he would want everyone to get riled up over something that was "misspoken". He then says he wants to find out the truth about Michelle Obama's statement. People need to quit putting race in everything. Obama is probably going to be the Democractic nominee and not because he is black but because he the the best person for the job.

People shouldn't inject race into everything.

But I can think of about 5 words right off the top of my head that you shouldn't use when discussing African Americans unless you want to end your career. "Lynch" wouldn't be #1, but it sure would make the list, with the caveat that you could probably use it * carefully * to actually describe an actual historical lynching.

much to do about nothing if you ask me. Bill,when Al Sharpton was on his show told him he would put him "in chains". The left wing backlash was hilarious.

much to do about nothing if you ask me. Bill,when Al Sharpton was on his show told him he would put him "in chains". The left wing backlash was hilarious.

It almost makes you wonder if he does this stuff on purpose.

Many of his viewers are the type of people who would sympathize with O'Reilly for the backlash he recieved and it only solidifies his position that we are in a "culture war" and that the "PC police" are ruining the country.

I'm not offended by what he said, and I don't really think anyone should be. OTOH, it was a dumb thing to say considering the fact that we all recognize that such a statement is going to upset certain people. It could be, however, dumb like a fox [no pun intended].

O'Reilly is the P.T. Barnum of the news. He's a showman more than a news anchor.

"Hurry, hurry, hurry! Step right up! See the wonder of the ages!"

O'Reilly is the P.T. Barnum of the news. He's a showman more than a news anchor.

"Hurry, hurry, hurry! Step right up! See the wonder of the ages!"

I don't think anyone would confuse him with a news anchor, but O'Reilly is definitely a showman. He is a caricature of the profit-driven media.

that O'Reilly cat sure has come a long way from doing "investigative" journalism for one of those crap syndicated entertainment shows...

well not really but, just sayin...

I'm offended. There are some words you just don't use when talking about with particular people and events. "Discuss" should never be used in connection with what takes place on O'Reilly's radio show. Please, take it back.

I'm sorry but all these word police and people getting their panties in a wad over comments is getting ridiculous.

We can't say the word noose anymore.. can't say the word lynch, etc.. geez people.

I'm not advocating anything associated with them, but are we not grownups? I think it's probably going to ok.

Stick and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

I like Oreilly. he has less of an agenda than olberman and Chris matthews. to be honest i watch hardball at 6 and oreilly at 7 and during commercials watch olderman. I dont enjoy watching hannity but i like alan colmes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom