Bill Polian on NFC South (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This evening, on Sirius NFL, an Atlanta fan asked Bill Polian about how the Falcons had done in the draft compared to the other teams in the NFC South. Quickly, I will note that I find Polian remarkable on Sirius NFL--his answers, based on and shaped by decades as an NFL GM for three different teams, are insightful and relatively candid, and he simply seems to possess good judgment. Frankly, when he speaks, he reminds me of the late Jim Finks.

Regarding the NFC South question, Polian said that he liked Atlanta's draft, especially the two cornerbacks picked high, and that if anything Atlanta on paper was better than it was last year; that Carolina still had too many holes; that Tampa, though trying to build a great defense, still had questions at quarterback; but that the Saints would be much improved because of the return of Sean Payton and because of our draft. Polian hailed our draft, naming and applauding the first four draft picks. But he made a point of stressing how much Payton drives the Saints organization.

I don't agree with his assessment...

Atlanta's draft was a heap of steaming manure. Everything else though, was spot on.

Drew Brees LOVES Atlanta's draft. He gets to face 2 rookie corners at home on opening day.

I don't know of too many things that would make me happier than to see Sean and Drew drop fifty on the Falcons in the opener.

Thanks, RJ. Good stuff as always. Polian definitely knows what he's talking about when it comes to football. I don't think what he says is a surprise to any true Saints fan, but it looks like the national media are for the most part writing the team off for next season. I think they've got a big surprise coming.

Polian is not always right, he's had his share of draft picks that were misses. But you have to admit he's got a pretty impressive resume. GM of the Bills that went to 4 straight SBs, GM of Carolina when they went to the NFC championship game in their 2nd season and GM of the Colts during their impressive recent 10 year run. He also assembled Grey Cup winning teams in the CFL with the franchises in Montreal and Winnipeg. Unprecedented, I'd say.

I love when our team is the underdog. Let the media praise ATL, put them up on that really high pedistal so when they fall we have more time to watch and laugh.

Seriously though, Trufant was a great pick, not sure about the 2nd corner they got, and the DE from Clemson is good. As for the rest of their picks it was pretty average at best.

I'll be honest, I really liked Trufant coming out. The fact that i now have to root for him to fail pretty much sucks lol. Oh well, **** Atlanta.

I don't agree with his assessment...

Atlanta's draft was a heap of steaming manure. Everything else though, was spot on.

So a GM with years of experience says that the Falcons had a good draft and you call it a pile manure. So I gues Polian's opinion is diddly poo too inregard to the Falcons. How can Polian be wrong about one thing and right about everything else. Don't you know how silly that makes you look.

Other posters have been complaining lately about the silly, hyperbolic effluent and poorly thought out opinions issued by many posters. This is just another example.

So a GM with years of experience says that the Falcons had a good draft and you call it a pile manure. So I gues Polian's opinion is diddly poo too inregard to the Falcons. How can Polian be wrong about one thing and right about everything else. Don't you know how silly that makes you look.

Other posters have been complaining lately about the silly, hyperbolic effluent and poorly thought out opinions issued by many posters. This is just another example.
chill dude

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom