Bill Simmons on Why Colston Slipped to Round 7 (1 Viewer)

I like Simmons and he's pretty knowledgeable.

It's feasible. No college coach is going to badmouth his player publicly going into the draft. Talk about the quickest way to kill your recruiting pipelines.

That being said... who cares? We got him, 31 other teams don't. :rock:

5. I have a friend that we'll call Someone Who Knows These Things. Let's just say he's connected with the league. I asked him how Marques Colston could slip to the seventh round last year and, apparently, SWKTT said that he would have gone higher but he feuded with his Hofstra coaches and they apparently bad mouthed him to all the NFL teams. This stuff happens more than you would think before the draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061117

I hope the reporter is trying to be funny.....cause I don't buy that at all. He's been nothing but A+ on and off the field for the Saints. I can't picture Colston "feuding" with his coaches...

All "I" KNOW! And I DO KNOW THIS......Marques Colston has been NOTHING and I mean NOTHING but TREMENDOUS!!!!!! for our SAINTS and that's ALL that counts!

Everyone else can......well, you KNOW what they can all do...............

Love and Kisses,

Doc Daddy!

5. I have a friend that we'll call Someone Who Knows These Things and he said Colston was drafted THIS year.

What a loser this guy is. Everyone is trying to find an angle to write about Colston.

I love how people on this board automatically take the most negative things out of the most benigne comments. Simmons mentions that Colston may have fueded with his coaches and immediatly everyone on here starts calling him and idiot and an "internet" writer who knows nothing. The guy didn't say Colston kicks puppies and likes to steal cookies from toddlers he said he may have had a disagreement with coaches and the COACHES decided to bad mouth him to scouts. If anything Simmons is bagging on his ex-coaches of Colston and other coaches that do this, he isn't even remotley trashing Colston here.

SG: My favorite part of the annual Mike Vick rooster tease -- when somebody in your fantasy league buys into it and ends up making a ridiculous trade for him. In my West Coast league, our commish (Elliott) traded Anquan Boldin for him right after his two huge games in Weeks 7 and 8. High comedy. On the bright side, Elliott was immediately hired as Matt Millen's new assistant GM.

I always appreciate an anti Atlanta comment.

Bill Simmons is a really entertaining, really good, and fairly well known writer (shocked that most of you guys seem to not know who he is). He's forte is definantly basketball, then baseball, and third football. But he's not an idiot. And he's probably legit with his source.

Now, was his source right? Heck if I know ("legit" simply means the guy is a genuine insider who would hear such things, not that he is right 100% of the time). But is it really that shocking that that may have happened? Are you telling me there isn't somebody at your place of work or some professor in college you wouldn't want people to talk to about you?

Just a total overreaction to an innocuous tidbit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...F?slug=jc-backupqbs111606&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"PASSING ON PLAYERS

An increasing trend in the NFL is agents turning down prospects who are about to enter the draft if those players are not highly regarded talents. In fact, New Orleans wide receiver Marques Colston, a seventh-round pick who is the leading candidate for rookie of the year, was actually turned down by at least one agent who he asked to represent him."

I'd like to know what McDonald's that agent is working in now. In the dog eat dog world of sports agents, that CAN'T have gone unnoticed by whatever agency he was with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom