Bill Simmons Podcast today talking to Saints fan on staff - "Hottest of hot takes - you're gonna win the division" (1 Viewer)

JSR

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-sim...ollinsworth-and-nola-sports-with-micah-peters

Scroll to 44:40 for a long bit about the Saints, Sean Payton, etc. Even some talk about the Pelicans. Strange he makes the above comment after starting off the segment with "Saints and Chargers are the two most fun teams that aren't gonna make the playoffs," but he talks himself into it after going through our schedule and Falcons schedule, lol.

Below comments did make me laugh -

"Rams are a historic trap game for us, though."

"Well, you're gonna have the historic Jared Goff on the other line, you'll be fine."

If the Saints win Thursday, I think you'll see a lot more people take that stance.

i would like for them to get above .500 for the first time since '13
Same here. I do feel like this is a better and different team than the last few years. But it's still incredibly frustrating. I really hope we can piece together a little run and sneak into the playoffs. I feel more confident in that this year than previous years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Simmons has been coming around on the Saints since totally writing us off in the preseason.

It helps that he despises the Broncos, so he is one of the few national personalities who is honest about his belief that the Broncos got the benefit of wrong calls to win last week.

I like this team, they are young, making stupid rookie mistakes, but wow, we are not far away

I agree that winning the division is still a possibility, and making the playoffs is possible as well. I don't see it happening but it can be done. Next year though I fully expect to win the division with an 11-5 or 12-4 record.

If we had beaten Denver, I would have been on board. Now it's going to take a flat out miracle. I still have hope though. Nothing can shake my belief in this team, but they have a huge mountain to climb.

If we had beaten Denver, I would have been on board. Now it's going to take a flat out miracle. I still have hope though. Nothing can shake my belief in this team, but they have a huge mountain to climb.

Beating Denver would have been a big help, but losing to them didn't change our situation at all. We're exactly where we were before that game. Still in control of our own destiny. Still a longshot.

If we'd won the game and ATL won their game, nothing would have changed either.

Beating Denver would have been a big help, but losing to them didn't change our situation at all. We're exactly where we were before that game. Still in control of our own destiny. Still a longshot.

If we'd won the game and ATL won their game, nothing would have changed either.

That's the way I'm choosing to look at this. The NFC is filled with mediocrity. We lost very little last week given the Falcon's loss. It's important, however, that we win tomorrow. And it's important that we sweep the Bucs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom