Bill Simmons Power Rankings (1 Viewer)

LMAO! I love the caption under the Brees picture:"WANTED: Director of Common Sense. Please contact Bob McNair."

I like this.:
"AMERICA'S TEAM

4. New Orleans (5-1)
An inspiration to every crappy NFL team: One smart free agent signing (Brees), one smart coaching hire (Sean Payton), one blue-chip pick (Bush) and one lucky late-round pick (Colston) and suddenly you're a playoff team. This is an amazingly simple sport sometimes.

(Hold on, give the Texans fans a second. They're a little slow in Houston because of the humidity.)

Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
WANTED: Director of Common Sense. Please contact Bob McNair.(One more second...)

(One more...)

(One more...)

Hey, can you hear the swearing coming from the Lone Star State? That's the sound of the entire Texans fan base realizing that their team could have picked Bush, hired Payton as their new coach and dumped David Carr to sign Brees. Ouch.

This part was good too-

"I would tell the Chargers to play Turner and Tomlinson at the same time, exactly like how New Orleans uses McAllister and Bush. As Cris Collinsworth pointed out last week, nobody can stop the Saints' offense because defenses constantly worry about Bush swinging to either side, so they can't blitz Brees or can't stack the line. Having Bush out there is almost like dousing the other team with a fish paralyzer."

It's funny that he wrote that about Texan fans. That is all they cry about. Reggie and Vince!
Because Reggie or Vince would have done so well behind this train wreck they call an offensive line!

Good stuff. I do hate the "America's Team" stuff, though. The CGirls and their psuedo-fans can keep that one forever, IMO.

This part was good too-

"I would tell the Chargers to play Turner and Tomlinson at the same time, exactly like how New Orleans uses McAllister and Bush. As Cris Collinsworth pointed out last week, nobody can stop the Saints' offense because defenses constantly worry about Bush swinging to either side, so they can't blitz Brees or can't stack the line. Having Bush out there is almost like dousing the other team with a fish paralyzer."

that is classic

that was a lmaool read from the start. my only problem with it is the americas team stuff, it's getting a little old. this is a good football team that should be considered as good as indy, the pats and the bears. I mean who have they beat that makes them better.

that was a lmaool read from the start. my only problem with it is the americas team stuff, it's getting a little old. this is a good football team that should be considered as good as indy, the pats and the bears. I mean who have they beat that makes them better.

Huh? He has us ranked 4th, what the heck else do you want out of him?

"21. Tampa Bay (2-4)
I have to admit, I was a little more excited about these guys before remembering that they're a bogus roughing-the-passer call and a 62-yard field goal away from being 0-6."

Good point, really. Yeah, they play hard and hang tough but 2 lucky breaks kept them from being winless.

BTW, in the TB-PHI game, did anyone notice this is the same ending as the NO-ATL 2002 game? Running back scores a TD with too much time on the clock, opposing team has enough time to get a game-winning FG. Almost makes you want to kneel at the 1, let the clock run and have 4 downs to gain a yard.

Good stuff. I do hate the "America's Team" stuff, though. The CGirls and their psuedo-fans can keep that one forever, IMO.

I'm getting sick of hearing about the emotion in the Dome. It seems like they're taking something away from what the Saints have accomplished by crediting our success to emotion. JMO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom