Billick's "Mother Teresa" Comment on Cold Pizza's 1st and 10 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
They talked about Billick's quote on Cold Pizza. Woody, who had been the king of New Orleans insensitivity, said the comment was inappropriate given everything that has happened. Skip didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal. He said Billick said that so that the refs wouldn't give the Saints all the calls.

I was kind of surprised they picked it as a topic on 1st and 10. I don't think its the smartest comment for Billick to make (nor do I agree with it); however, I don't really think his comments are that offensive. I think he's really just more "colorfully" saying what people in the league and media have already said or have at least implied.

For those who don't know, Billick said that the Saints were the league's sweethearts and that beating them would be like beating up on Mother Teresa.

I know what my new costume for home games will be now.

I told my mom about what Brian Bellick said and she says "mother teresa ain't no joke". But I have a feeling that the saints won't win this one. But i hope they do. I predict Ravens and Saints in the superbowl.

Turf would beat her to a pulp then pull her into the ground.

I can see it now! Bree's hits Bush out in the flat and Bush breaks some ankles to get out in the clear on his way to a long touchdown only to have the free saftey have the angle on him as he speeds down the sideline, then all of a sudden "turf" jumps up and causes the FS to trip over his own feet with noone around him! The crowd erupts giving it up to our #1 guy.:smilielol:

brian billick is hard to like...i'm not sure how i'd feel about him if i was a ravens fan

It's a non-issue to me. Billick is trying to get his team motivated, nothing more or less.

What exactly was said?

"Everyone loves the Saints, and deservedly so," said the coach. "You go in and beat them and you might as well go in and beat up Mother Teresa. “You scums, what are you doing here?´ But that is what we are going to try and do, because there is a great deal of energy and emotion there right now."

They talked about Billick's quote on Cold Pizza. Woody, who had been the king of New Orleans insensitivity, said the comment was inappropriate given everything that has happened. Skip didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal. He said Billick said that so that the refs wouldn't give the Saints all the calls.

I was kind of surprised they picked it as a topic on 1st and 10. I don't think its the smartest comment for Billick to make (nor do I agree with it); however, I don't really think his comments are that offensive. I think he's really just more "colorfully" saying what people in the league and media have already said or have at least implied.

For those who don't know, Billick said that the Saints were the league's sweethearts and that beating them would be like beating up on Mother Teresa.

where was the compassion and charity last year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom