Bills defensive staff should be fired (1 Viewer)

I didn't know we had so many Bills fans on this board. It was a classic game and the team with the ball last won.

This year could have been Allens best chance at getting a SuperBowl title. Unlike Mahomes and Burrow, Allen has aging WRs. Mahomes is going nowhere, Burrow and Herbert are only going to get better.
They'll get him more receivers but he's going to have to stop the Big Ben/Cam stuff as he gets older.

I didn't know we had so many Bills fans on this board. It was a classic game and the team with the ball last won.
Yeah it was a great game. It showed what football could be if you sling the ball and let your recievers make the play.

Everyone brings up the defensive shortcoming. The recievers on both sides made tough catches and both QBs made great throws in those final two minutes and overtime.

Didn't Buffalo use timeouts on defense after they saw the Chiefs alignment? And STILL didn't defend the field properly.

And to play devil's advocate on the squib or short kick off, there is still the possibility of a return for TD. A long shot, I know, but if that had happened we'd be on here posting that they should have kicked it into the endzone and not risk a return, because there's no way they can go down the field in 13 seconds. šŸ˜
True, but if you're playing the odds, you kick it short every time.

Not squib kicking it was a huge mistake. If the Chiefs start their drive with 9 seconds, the game is over. Theyā€™d be throwing a Hail Mary on the second pass.
Soon as I saw they did not squib kick I knew it was going to overtime. Then that ridiculous prevent alignment in OT. Even worse than the call that allowed the Minneapolis Miracle.

Ouch.

Squib it right and itā€™ll be impossible for them to down it without burning a few seconds. Better yet, sky it to the 5 and force them to return it. Either is a far superior choice to kicking it into the endzone.
Yes. I do this on Madden every day. LOL- but true. When, oh when will these coaches understand basic football? LOL.

Not squib kicking it was a huge mistake. If the Chiefs start their drive with 9 seconds, the game is over. Theyā€™d be throwing a Hail Mary on the second pass.
Exactly. Before the kick my wife said ā€œdonā€™t let them run it back!ā€ I told her they would squib kick it to run clock. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

No coach will be fired. And I get that the Buffalo fedense was exhausted. But the coaching staff performed poorly in the last 13 seconds and may have cost the Bills a real chance at a Super Bowl win. And rushing four against a quarterback you could not contain all day makes little sense with 13 seconds.

One day a team will rush no one, have two defenders spying on the quarterback and drop back nine.
Hey thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been saying since Greg Williams blew game against Niners in 2011 playoffs.

Hill and Kelce are pretty much nuts. No other WR/TE combo pulls that off.
I disagree. Both were uncovered and untouched by a Bills defender until they both got to about 15 yards. Just about any fast receiver and pass catching TE makes those last two plays. Now if you want to talk about the 64 yarder to Hill and the winning TD catch by Kelce in OT, Iā€™ll agree with you.

I disagree. Both were uncovered and untouched by a Bills defender until they both got to about 15 yards. Just about any fast receiver and pass catching TE makes those last two plays. Now if you want to talk about the 64 yarder to Hill and the winning TD catch by Kelce in OT, Iā€™ll agree with you.
Hill is arguable the fastest and quickest player in the league. You donā€™t think that played any role in why he was so wide open over the seam? And yesā€¦BTW I was confusing the two Kelce catches

Hill is arguable the fastest and quickest player in the league. You donā€™t think that played any role in why he was so wide open over the seam? And yesā€¦BTW I was confusing the two Kelce catches
The play before the game winning TD, Kelce got away with a massive OPI basically rubbed the guy covering Hardman out of the play.

There were a few of those in the game that weren't called. KC kept running those crossing routes and they got away with it a few times.

That said, the Bills coverage was pretty terrible late in the game. I wasn't sure what they were trying to do.

Bills should have rushed ZERO players with 11 in coverage.

Hey wait a minute, that's my idea from 10 years ago in final 30 seconds against Niners in playoff loss and again in the Minny Miracl play. Just think of it this way, every guy you send at the QB costs you a potential pass defender when a team needs a lot of yards with only a play or two. Very foolish to rush more than two but I daresay we will see my 0-6-5 defense used going forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom