Bills fan here..My X factor's for the game (1 Viewer)

I have been reading your message board for a few days now...for the most part it seems like there are some educated football fans

First off here's to an injury free game on both sides

Here are some factors I have for the game

1. Crowd noise...Anyone who has been to the Ralph knows how loud it is. Raheem Morris credited the 12th man in an interview after the Bills Bucs game. I believe it will be important for the Saints to score early to take the crowd out of the game.

2. Weather/run game...Some people on these boards have stated the offense has the advantage in bad weather. Educated footabll fans know this is FALSE. 99% of the time the advantage goes to the defense in bad weather. With that said both teams be able to get the run game going? The saints seem to defense the run well so far this season. I have not been able to watch many Saints games this season...Has this been a product of teams playing from behind being forced to throw the ball? How has the Saints front four looked? The Bills DT's have played very well. Kyle Williams (LSU) may be the most underrated Bill and has spent alot of time in opposing teams backfield. This is due to team's double teaming Stroud. Williams has been a 5th round steal

3. Jeremy Shockey...The Bills have been atrocious at defending the TE so far this season. The LB's will not be able to match up with Shockey. The only chance the Bills have is to do what they did last season against Gates and SD. Fewell put B. Scott a saftey who is almost like a hybrid LB on Gates and limited him to 4 catches. With Lance Moore out do you expect Shockey to get more touches?

4. Brees Vs. Bills pass D....Everyone knows Brees will get his stats, that is almost a given. But will the Bills be able to limit the Saints to field goals and create TO's? Although I loath Perry Fewell's cover 2 scheme I will say it is good at keeping teams out of the endzone. I guess you could call it a bend but dont break type of approach. Personally I think they should utilize McKelvin and McGee skills instead of playing them 7 yard off the WR's. Will Brees take the underneath yardage?

5 Fred Jackson....When Fred Jackson clicks the offense clicks. There is a common misconception that the offense revolves around Owens and Evans this is false. Although, Because teams are so enamored with Owens and Evans this opens up Fred Jackson. Not only has he been great on the ground but also in the air attack. The Bills have utilized the strength of their offensive line, athleticism with screen passes. As a Bills fan it has been refreshing to see the maturation of Wood and Levitre.

Well thats all I have...What are your factors for the game

One this we all can agree on...Here's to New Orleans beating up the rest of the AFC east. Except for Buffalo Of course

1) the crowd could be quickly silenced by the first 4-5 first downs we make or a simple quick touchdown to begin the game as we have on our opening possessions the last two games.

2)the weather point is BS. all saints fans here remember the nfc championship game in 2006 when rex the hex and his merry band of nobodys out played the number one offense in football to deprive the saints of their first superbowl berth. two weeks later the colt offense out played the bears' D and rushed the ball 42 times for 150yds to win the super bowl but also had long passes to Dallas clark and reggie wayne in that gameon a rain-SOAKED FIELD.

3)i wouldn't be as concerned with shockey as i would be with bush. bush beat jabari greer for a 30 yard catch lining up as a wideout when we played you guys in the preaseason in 2007. he toasted urlacher in the NFCCG for an 88yd score in 2006 and he had a long gainer last week against philly and a TD. but yes, shockey does destroy that tampa-2 strategy in the areas between the linebackers and safeties.

4)no contest.

expect to see other such as meacheam exploit underneath space if you guys play him man-to-man because he can make alot of things happen in space with his YAC ability. rod harper is also a decent addition who might be able to be similar to what terrance copper was for us two years ago as an out-of-nowhere contributor.

we have two pro-bowl caliber gaurds ourselves who have handled the likes of stroud the past two years in jhari evans and carl nicks.

thats a major reason that teams rarely sack brees because of a lack of interior push.

5)your offense reminds me of the vikings game last year when our D held adrian peterson to 30 yards rushing. edwards may be a bit better than jackson but if we could shut down berrian AP and berrian without the corners that we have now (tracy porter is back, and greer, with darren sharper) then i like our chances to shut down jackson.

the vikings had a similar o-line.

evans555, for what it's worth. Your post is the best from a fan of another fan I've seen on these boards. Well thought out.

Both teams fans are going to not listen to certain points because we want our team to win. I'm sure it gets loud in Buffalo. The key will be the same as it was in Philly. Score quick and take the fans out of the game.

If it is windy, it could spell trouble due to injuries to our running backs. If it's not, the Saints offense will overwhelm your D.

If Lance Moore doesn't play you will still be facing a wide receiving corps of tall, fast talented receivers that are each capable of taking it to the house any given play.

I think it will be close to a blowout. 41-7 or 48-14 somewhere along those lines. We've played TO before and shut him down. Last time he played against us, we layed a butt-kickin' on Dallas that was the worst they've been beaten at home in their history. And we covered him with a DB with a cast on his arm.

Btw the weather at gametime tomorrow is only 20% chance of rain and sunny.

Doubt it'll be a factor.

Have you been to the Ralph? Ask some opposing fan bases about the crowd noise

And while I'm sure the Saints fans get loud in NO, how does it effect the Saints offense seeing as the home fans are not generating crowd noise when the offense is on the field

In regards, to Fred Jackson check out his receving stats in the first game. He had over 100 combined total yards, 57 yds on the ground PLUS 5 rec for 83

I call that clicking

First off, I live in the Buffalo area and Bills fans VASTLY overrate two aspects of their franchise: its tailgating and its crowd noise. While both are fine, respectively, they aren't at an elite level in the NFL. I've been to numerous games in numerous stadiums around the league and "The Ralph" really doesn't stack up like WNY fans like to think. Sure, they have beer drinking and some lewd behavior, but so does every other stadium. Overall, it isn't on par with many other teams' game atmosphere. The Saints just strolled into Philly and trounced the Eagles. Kicking the door into "The Ralph" shouldn't be an issue.

1) the crowd could be quickly silenced by the first 4-5 first downs we make or a simple quick touchdown to begin the game as we have on our opening possessions the last two games.

2)the weather point is BS. all saints fans here remember the nfc championship game in 2006 when rex the hex and his merry band of nobodys out played the number one offense in football to deprive the saints of their first superbowl berth. two weeks later the colt offense out played the bears' D and rushed the ball 42 times to win the super bowl but also had long passes to Dallas clark and reggie wayne in that gameon a rain-SOAKED FIELD.

3)i wouldn't be as concerned with shockey as i would be with bush. bush beat jabari greer for a 30 yard catch lining up as a wideout when we played you guys in the preaseason in 2007. he toasted urlacher in the NFCCG for an 88yd score in 2006 and he had a long gainer last week against philly and a TD. but yes, shockey does destroy that tampa-2 strategy in the areas between the linebackers in safeties.

4)no contest.

expect to see other such as meacheam exploit underneath space if you guys play him man-to-man because he can make alot of things happen in space with his YAC ability. rod harper is also a decent addition who might be able to be similar to what terrance copper was for us two years ago as an out-of-nowhere contributor.

we have two pro-bowl caliber gaurds ourselves who have handled the likes of stroud the past two years in jhari evans and carl nicks.

thats a major reason that teams rarely sack brees because of a lack of interior push.

5)your offense reminds me of the vikings game last year when our D held adrian peterson to 30 yards rushing. edwards may be a bit better than jackson but if we could shut down berrian AP and berrian without the corners that we have now (tracy porter is back, and greer, with darren sharper) then i like our chances to shut down jackson.

the vikings had a similar o-line.

WOW

So I should just sell the tickets I have before the game right? lol

While the Saints look great so far remember the season is only two games in.

I feel like i'm on a Pats message board after reading your post...Prob. is Pats fans have the hardware to backup their statements

Once again the Saints good team but they are far from unbeatable

Trust me I know the Bills started 4-0 last season

I was at the Bills-Saints game in 2001, the first half was a pretty even game, and honestly I can't remember the crowd noise being much of a factor.

evans55, for what it's worth. Your post is the best from a fan of another fan I've seen on these boards. Well thought out.

Both teams fans are going to not listen to certain points because we want our team to win. I'm sure it gets loud in Buffalo. The key will be the same as it was in Philly. Score quick and take the fans out of the game.

If it is windy, it could spell trouble due to injuries to our running backs. If it's not, the Saints offense will overwhelm your D.

If Lance Moore doesn't play you will still be facing a wide receiving corps of tall, fast talented receivers that are each capable of taking it to the house any given play.

I think it will be close to a blowout. 41-7 or 48-14 somewhere along those lines. We've played TO before and shut him down. Last time he played against us, we layed a butt-kickin' on Dallas that was the worst they've been beaten at home in their history. And we covered him with a DB with a cast on his arm.

freddy "toast" gave up the TD remember? he had the cast on.

evans55, for what it's worth. Your post is the best from a fan of another fan I've seen on these boards. Well thought out.

Thank you...How has Ellis looked so far this season I loved him coming out of college

I'm always interested in young talent..How about Jenkins?

freddy "toast" gave up the TD remember? he had the cast on.

Yes, but that was only because it ricocheted off the cast. That was the only catch of any significance TO had that game. And we crushed Dallas in their own stadium.

Thank you...How has Ellis looked so far this season I loved him coming out of college

I'm always interested in young talent..How about Jenkins?

Jenkins came into camp too late to be on the field on D during any key stretches at this point. But in the past two games he has made a big impact on special teams.

Eventually he'll see the field on D and be a playmaker. Right now he's learning and making the most of what playing time he gets.

WOW

So I should just sell the tickets I have before the game right? lol

While the Saints look great so far remember the season is only two games in.

I feel like i'm on a Pats message board after reading your post...Prob. is Pats fans have the hardware to backup their statements

Once again the Saints good team but they are far from unbeatable

Trust me I know the Bills started 4-0 last season

nah, i'm not saying that we are un beatable but i am saying that this offense is close to unstoppable.

and we have faced offenses like yours in the past and done pretty well. let's just say that with a better secondary now, that i really like our chances.

i fully expect for you guys to try to make us beat you with bush, and hamilton. and i think that our strategy will be to force you guys to make edwards beat us with his arm. if he throws more than 30x tommorow then i don't see you guys as having much of a chance. the best way to get him to do that is by scoring points early. now we may not have the hardware that the pats possess but we have displayed an offense with the ability to do just that. the #1 offense in the league, mind you.

Last edited:
The truth is while nobody wants their team to get beat it will not hurt either team if that were to happen. The Bills are kind of in a situation in that most don't expect them to win so if the don't it's not a big deal on the national media front. The Bills are similar to the Saints in some respects. If they do win the headline stories will probably be about Sanchez and Brady. If the Saints win the Headline stories will probably be about Sanchez and Brady.

The truth is while nobody wants their team to get beat it will not hurt either team if that were to happen. The Bills are kind of in a situation in that most don't expect them to win so if the don't it's not a big deal on the national media front. The Bills are similar to the Saints in some respects. If they do win the headline stories will probably be about Sanchez and Brady. If the Saints win the Headline stories will probably be about Sanchez and Brady.

Good point which is why I have always rooted for the Saints

Plus I have Brees, Shock and Colston on various fanatsy teams

evans, great post man. Here's to a great, injury free game. :beerchug:

Oh and also, we will take care of the AFC East you guys just handle up on Carolina and Atlanta. :9:

Since field is artificial turf, I'm not worried about rain, but wind, which could affect our passing and kicking games. Since we have a decent short passing game, we can avoid long throws that would be pushed around by the wind.

Nobody knows how our matchups will pan out. We can only guess. It will only take 1 possession by each team to get a gage for it. If our DB's can hang with your receivers, the party is over, and the crowd will grow quiet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom