Bills fan here..My X factor's for the game (1 Viewer)

Good point which is why I have always rooted for the Saints

Plus I have Brees, Shock and Colston on various fanatsy teams

If the Bills and Saints had opened the season the headlines would probably have been about a South American Jai-Alai betting scandal.:hihi:

If you've watched any Saints games this year it's obvious that the strategy is to get up early.

I know your thinking to yourself...duh that's always the case.

What I mean is Sean Payton is coming out the gates swinging. I highly doubt there is another team in the NFL right now coming out with as many downfield attempts and aggressive play calling as the Saints are right now. They are trying to get up early and let Williams cut the chains and let the dogs loose.

Trent Edwards hasn't shown the capability to match that type of first quarter first drive pressure. Cover 2 is cute n all but Reggie Bush has made a living turning swing passes into 60+ yard gains.

If the Saints score first there will be a ton of pressure on Edwards to force throws and try to match points. If he gets the slightest thought that the Saints will hang 40 Luke they've done for two weeks I expect the mistakes to follow.

The Saints probably won't score 40 but 30 is very distinct possibility.

Saints 34
Bills 19 (td and 4 fg)

I think the weather is going to have a huge affect on both offenses, maybe more so on ours since both our leading rushers are injured. Reggie Bush will be the starting RB this week, and I hope he can come in and shine, but im not overly optimistic about that.

I think the x-factor for the saints this week is Jeremy Shockey. The bills have been horrible againist the TE this season, and last season. Combine that with Lance being out, and reggie having to be the RB this week instead of his normal routine, and I expect a 100 yard, 2/3 TD performance from Shockey.

evans, great post man. Here's to a great, injury free game. :beerchug:

Oh and also, we will take care of the AFC East you guys just handle up on Carolina and Atlanta. :9:

Thanks man...we're one for one on our part

Even though it was only Tampa

evans555, for what it's worth. Your post is the best from a fan of another fan I've seen on these boards. Well thought out.

Both teams fans are going to not listen to certain points because we want our team to win. I'm sure it gets loud in Buffalo. The key will be the same as it was in Philly. Score quick and take the fans out of the game.

:plus-un2:

I think the weather is going to have a huge affect on both offenses, maybe more so on ours since both our leading rushers are injured. Reggie Bush will be the starting RB this week, and I hope he can come in and shine, but im not overly optimistic about that.

I think the x-factor for the saints this week is Jeremy Shockey. The bills have been horrible againist the TE this season, and last season. Combine that with Lance being out, and reggie having to be the RB this week instead of his normal routine, and I expect a 100 yard, 2/3 TD performance from Shockey.

i think that neccesity just might be the mother of invention here for us. this might force us be more creative and target robert meachem more and try to put him in situations where he can get the ball underneath.

lynell hamilton isn't at shifty at the second level as bell is but he is bigger, faster and does have very good feet for the cutback like bell/bush.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=14960&draftyear=2006&genpos=RB
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=14588&draftyear=2008&genpos=RB

i don't think that it is wise to stick reggie in that situation where he'll have to carry the ball 12 times on sunday as a runner because he could wear down like 2 years ago at seattle or risk getting injured like bell. then where would we be?

the best thing to do here is to let the big, healthy guy (hamilton) fill in for now. using bush more in the passing game as a decoy and reciever is one of the reasons that people haven't been able to key in on bell.

As far as I'm concerned, Lee Evans is the X-Factor in this game for the Bills to have a shot, and I think that's about it. I'm not worried about Fred Jackson, the Bills' D, Trent Edwards, or TO. We've shown that we can shut down good back, move the ball on good defenses, and shut down decent passers and good receivers. What we haven't faced is a good tandem of receivers. I'd imagine that Tracy Porter will cover Evans, and in the small sample we have of Porter's career, he's struggled at times with covering a guy who's purely a deep threat (Santana Moss). That will be the most interesting matchup of the day tomorrow, and if Porter has any kind of success then it'll be a good day for us.

The defense is definitely at an advantage in bad weather. You may want to believe that they react to the offense so O has the advantage, but the ball is harder to throw and harder to catch when it is wet and slippery, giving the advantage in the passing game to the D. Now running game is another story, I believe the O has the advantage in the running game in wet conditions. The RB knows where he is going, and defenders can slip trying to keep up. I wont really worry about the weather until gameday gets here, cuz we know how reliable weather forecasters are.

As far as crowd noise, that can be a problem. Im sure the plan is to score early and often to take the crowd out of the equation. Fans tend to make much less noise when their team is getting scored on at ease.

The key to this game to me is for the Saints to be able to take away the running game from the Bills. If they can accomplish that I think it spells big trouble for the Bills. On offense we have to establish the run and pull 8 in the box, then Drew can light them up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom