Bills fan here..My X factor's for the game (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I have been reading your message board for a few days now...for the most part it seems like there are some educated football fans

First off here's to an injury free game on both sides

Here are some factors I have for the game

1. Crowd noise...Anyone who has been to the Ralph knows how loud it is. Raheem Morris credited the 12th man in an interview after the Bills Bucs game. I believe it will be important for the Saints to score early to take the crowd out of the game.

2. Weather/run game...Some people on these boards have stated the offense has the advantage in bad weather. Educated footabll fans know this is FALSE. 99% of the time the advantage goes to the defense in bad weather. With that said both teams be able to get the run game going? The saints seem to defense the run well so far this season. I have not been able to watch many Saints games this season...Has this been a product of teams playing from behind being forced to throw the ball? How has the Saints front four looked? The Bills DT's have played very well. Kyle Williams (LSU) may be the most underrated Bill and has spent alot of time in opposing teams backfield. This is due to team's double teaming Stroud. Williams has been a 5th round steal

3. Jeremy Shockey...The Bills have been atrocious at defending the TE so far this season. The LB's will not be able to match up with Shockey. The only chance the Bills have is to do what they did last season against Gates and SD. Fewell put B. Scott a saftey who is almost like a hybrid LB on Gates and limited him to 4 catches. With Lance Moore out do you expect Shockey to get more touches?

4. Brees Vs. Bills pass D....Everyone knows Brees will get his stats, that is almost a given. But will the Bills be able to limit the Saints to field goals and create TO's? Although I loath Perry Fewell's cover 2 scheme I will say it is good at keeping teams out of the endzone. I guess you could call it a bend but dont break type of approach. Personally I think they should utilize McKelvin and McGee skills instead of playing them 7 yard off the WR's. Will Brees take the underneath yardage?

5 Fred Jackson....When Fred Jackson clicks the offense clicks. There is a common misconception that the offense revolves around Owens and Evans this is false. Although, Because teams are so enamored with Owens and Evans this opens up Fred Jackson. Not only has he been great on the ground but also in the air attack. The Bills have utilized the strength of their offensive line, athleticism with screen passes. As a Bills fan it has been refreshing to see the maturation of Wood and Levitre.

Well thats all I have...What are your factors for the game

One this we all can agree on...Here's to New Orleans beating up the rest of the AFC east. Except for Buffalo Of course

I think a lot of it comes down to how Buffalo starts.

If they get that no-huddle going and get a double digit lead early, that Cover 2 can cause problems for a team trying to play catch up. Case and point, @ Tampa last year where Brees threw 3 picks, although we still had a chance to win that game.

If the Saints get up early and G.Williams is able to bring the house, good luck. It's gonna be a long day. You know this from him bringing a Top 3 Defense to your team before he was fired. In no way do I see a blow out in this game. Buffalo's players feel disrespected and are out to prove their worth. BUT, I think our talent overrides your team and wins in the end. I expect us to be up 10 by the start of the 4th quarter and to run it out in the end.

I think a lot of it comes down to how Buffalo starts.

If they get that no-huddle going and get a double digit lead early, that Cover 2 can cause problems for a team trying to play catch up. Case and point, @ Tampa last year where Brees threw 3 picks, although we still had a chance to win that game.

If the Saints get up early and G.Williams is able to bring the house, good luck. It's gonna be a long day. You know this from him bringing a Top 3 Defense to your team before he was fired. In no way do I see a blow out in this game. Buffalo's players feel disrespected and are out to prove their worth. BUT, I think our talent overrides your team and wins in the end. I expect us to be up 10 by the start of the 4th quarter and to run it out in the end.

Trent has been much like Brees in regards to playing better against the blitz

Trent has struggled when teams drop eight and rush 3 much like the Browns did in Monday night football last season

Sean Payton can script plays like nobody's business. The key will be if we can get out to a fast start. If so, be prepared to play catchup. If you stop us early, it will be a knockdown drag out and that will be the first test for the Saints. I like our chances, but we know that the Bills are definitely a good team. If the latter happens, it will come down to who makes the least mistakes on offense, special teams. Hopefully for you, McKelvin will learn from past mistakes.

Fred Jackson only clicked last week isn't that a pretty small sample to base that on?

Based on the weather and forecast I have a hard time believing it will give any defense the advantage. We aren't talking Oakland New England tuck rule weather. 60 degrees and light rain borderline slippery the offense definitely has the advantage. Defense is always reacting to the offense.

Crowd noise? The Saints play in a dome. It's an outdoor stadium. Won't be an issue.

Fred Jackson only clicked last week isn't that a pretty small sample to base that on?

Based on the weather and forecast I have a hard time believing it will give any defense the advantage. We aren't talking Oakland New England tuck rule weather. 60 degrees and light rain borderline slippery the offense definitely has the advantage. Defense is always reacting to the offense.

Crowd noise? The Saints play in a dome. It's an outdoor stadium. Won't be an issue.

Have you been to the Ralph? Ask some opposing fan bases about the crowd noise

And while I'm sure the Saints fans get loud in NO, how does it effect the Saints offense seeing as the home fans are not generating crowd noise when the offense is on the field

In regards, to Fred Jackson check out his receving stats in the first game. He had over 100 combined total yards, 57 yds on the ground PLUS 5 rec for 83

I call that clicking

1.) Crowd Noise: Every stadium has noise, come to the Superdome if you wanna hear loudness!!!!

2.) I agree and disagree about who has the advantage in sloppy weather, in rain i do believe that the offense has the advantage because the recievers know where the ball is going and defenders slip more. In windy weather the defense has the advantage due to winds pushing balls around. The Bills are pretty stout in their run defense and the Saints have been shutting down the run, teams have had to pass on us alot, but teams have also been stuck in numerous 3rd and longs due to us shutting down their 1st down rush attempts. Stroud is a beast for sure and it will be interesting to see the Saints have to use thier 4th running back Hamilton in this game, i do give the Bills the edge on this, just because we've seen nothing from Hamilton other than preseason.

3.) Shockey will be on fire this game, i'll agree, the Bills have looked horrid in the middle, and also watch out for Colston, he's our number 1 reciever but we play him in the slot a good bit and he isn't afraid to come accross the middle, (like Moss) he actually has stayed injuried because of his fearlessness to come across the middle at full speed. Even without Lance, the saints will not see any drop off in the passing game, because Breesus doesn't look at names or numbers, he looks at who has a step on their defender and gets the ball to that reciever.

4.) Just pray. Ya'lls pass D is sketchy at best, but one advantage you do have it that you play a Tampa 2, and if you research it, Brees does tend to throw more picks against a Tampa 2 style D, because he like to push the ball downfield at times and not take the checkdown, HOWEVER, the tampa 2 will allow Reggie to have a HUGE day in the flats!!!!

5.) I have been overly impressed with Fred Jackson this year, and he will be the best back on the field Sunday for sure, because Bell is hurt and Thomas won't be 100%. He is great on the lil dump screens and he can make almost anyone miss. BUT, the saints Run D will stop him on straight forward 1st down runs. He will have success on 2nd and long draw plays for sure though.... Draws are the best way to run on our D. But if ya'll don't get the ball first and score with it, it could be a short day for Jackson, because if the Saints touch the ball first it will be 7-0 before ya'll even step on the field. Paytons first drives this year have been spectacular!

No Injuries!!

Saints - 35
Bills - 17

The things that concern me are Saints D-line vs Bills O-line (both depleted and banged up) and how our D does vs the no-huddle.

Saints run game with Bell out,Thomas a big question mark due to coming off an injury, and Hamilton an even bigger question mark.

The playing conditions. I'm not a traditionalist and I like to see each team at its best with the weather not being a factor.

And while I'm sure the Saints fans get loud in NO, how does it effect the Saints offense seeing as the home fans are not generating crowd noise when the offense is on the field

In regards, to Fred Jackson check out his receving stats in the first game. He had over 100 combined total yards, 57 yds on the ground PLUS 5 rec for 83

I call that clicking

Ok so let me get this straight. That first game where you scored a whopping 2 offensive touchdowns is clicking? The Bills offense sucked vs New England.

If the Saints score 2 touchdowns on their first two possessions we think they are clicking.

Is Ralph Wilson louder than Philly?? Doubt it.

I remember in 07 when we were coming off that 0-4 start and had to go to Qwest Field and face the "vaunted" 12th man in Seattle and many a person talked about how the crowd noise there would effect the team because it was really loud for an outdoor stadium. The Saints had no problem and it was the game the started that 4-0 run. I'm sure every offense would like to have less noise when they are on the road (08 in Detroit) but the Saints seem to do OK with it.

Last edited:

Not true, Jackson looked great week 1 as well. the guy's a player and will be our run D's biggest challenge to date.

Ok so let me get this straight. That first game where you scored a whopping 2 offensive touchdowns is clicking? The Bills offense sucked vs New England.

If the Saints score 2 touchdowns on their first two possessions we think they are clicking.

Is Ralph Wilson louder than Philly?? Doubt it.

You said and I quote "Fred Jackson ONLY clicked last week"

Notice how I highlighted "ONLY" from your quote

I speak English and that leads me to believe you assumed Fred Jackson did not have a big first game

To which I brought up the fact that he had 57 yds rushing and 5 rec for 83 yd recieving in the game against NE

What part of this do you not understand?

1. Crowd noise...Anyone who has been to the Ralph knows how loud it is. Raheem Morris credited the 12th man in an interview after the Bills Bucs game. I believe it will be important for the Saints to score early to take the crowd out of the game.

Easy fix, Brees just uses his telepathy to call plays.

(His best is better than your best)

It's gonna be tough for Buffalo.

It's not impossible or improbable that they could win, but the weather most likely won't be a factor and the field is artificial so that's not a problem either.

So in a straight up matchup NO has the advantage nearly everywhere. It's one of those games that we should simply win. No excuses.

It's also a game that Buffalo fans shouldn't panic over if they lose. The Saints are a great team.

Easy fix, Brees just uses his telepathy to call plays.

(His best is better than your best)

A Bills fan is about to edit your post....

"Easy fix, Breesus just uses his telepathy to call plays".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom