Bills, Jags Complete Stroud Trade (1 Viewer)

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Jay Glazer of Fox is reporting that the Buffalo Bills have completed a trade with the Jacksonville Jaguars for defensive tackle Marcus Stroud.

The price the Bills paid to the Jaguars was a pair of draft picks, third- and fifth-rounders. That makes it official that the going rate for defensive tackles in the NFL is third- and fifth-round picks. Earlier this week, the Panthers sent Kris Jenkins to the Jets for third- and fifth-round picks, and the Lions agreed to trade Shaun Rogers to the Bengals for third- and fifth-round picks, although that trade was voided and Rogers was ultimately sent to the Browns for a third-round pick and Leigh Bodden.

The Bills paved the way for acquiring Stroud by cutting defensive tackle Larry Tripplett. An Associated Press story saying Stroud "cut short his visit with the Bills in Buffalo on Friday after the team's interest cooled upon learning Stroud was seeking a significant raise" was incorrect.

In fact, a league source tells PFT that although Stroud re-worked his contract in a way that gives him more of the money he's due on his current deal upfront, no "significant raise" was part of the deal with the Bills. Stroud still has three years left on his deal and is still scheduled to make $16.5 million in those three years.
www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Man I wish we would havre done that trade. I would have no problem parting with a 3rd and a 5th. Oh well here is to a top DT in the draft.

A 3rd and a 5th for a top 3 DT. We should have been all over that deal. We might have been lucky and had Trevor Laws drop to our 3rd.
I suppose we have put a lot of faith in Brian Young by passing on all these big name DTs on the block. I know he's capable, but I'm not sure whether he will live up to our expectations, although he is a very good player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom