Bills Lee Evans looking forward to facing Jabari (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Evans looking forward to facing Greer

Chris Brown
Posted September 23rd, 2009

Lee Evans faced Jabari Greer in practice every day for five seasons. Now facing him as an opponent in a regular season game has him very focused on Sunday’s game against Greer’s new team the Saints.

“I don’t know if we’ll match up (for the whole game),” said Evans of Greer. ”So far this season they haven’t really been matching up so we’ll just see how they want to play it. Obviously playing against him here we know what type of corner he is. He’s a very smart corner, fast, quick, can change direction and we know him so it’ll be a lot of fun to play against him.”
More...
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/09/23/evans-looking-forward-to-facing-greer/

Boudro

I'm so not a raper.
Reaction score
Well according to the trolling Bills fans he is the greatest receiver in the league and he can't be covered in single coverage so we better get some safety help. This will be no contest for Evans.

SaintlyAgenda

Cam Jordan Fan Club
Reaction score
Well according to the trolling Bills fans he is the greatest receiver in the league and he can't be covered in single coverage so we better get some safety help. This will be no contest for Evans.

:covri:

NOSaints504

Reaction score
Greer will do fine. I have faith in both him and porter very well rounded corners. Lee Evans forgets that Jabari Greer knows who he plays as well.

justdave

Hung out to dry
Reaction score
Jabari needs to Flozell him. Not a blatant Flozell but more along the lines of an incidental contact Flozell.

rechargeable

Reaction score
I see Greer hanging tough on TO and Porter (who is a bit faster) will tug down on Lee Evans. It will be fun to watch.

Both Porter (2008 combine) and Greer (Tennessee Pro Day) were timed at 4.37. Greer was a track runner (star) at Tennesee also.

Greer has more refined cover skills but Porter seems to be getting there (pretty good to begin with). Every week should be fun to watch considering the secondary horrors of last year.

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I see Greer hanging tough on TO and Porter (who is a bit faster) will tug down on Lee Evans. It will be fun to watch.

We play sides, we don't match up, as Evans noted himself.

So Greer and Porter will cover whoever is on their side of the field on that given play.

mybad4990

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully, this won't end up being anything like the Jason David/Reggie Wayne matchup 2 years ago. :covri:

justdave

Hung out to dry
Reaction score
I know it's not the same but I can't help but think about when we played the Colts and Jason David was on Reggie Wayne.

justdave

Hung out to dry
Reaction score
JD is not Jabari Greer... Not even close

I know and I had already said I realized it wasn't the same but they do know each other very well. It was just a thought and it seems someone else had it as well. On a side note, I'm not the walrus in case anyone was wondering.

lvsaintsfan57

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Didn't Greer pretty much shut down TO last year? That kinda leaves me to believe, if GW doesn't keep Greer and Porter confined to one side of the field, that Greer will mainly be matched up on TO and Porter on Evans. Though, I think Greer will match up well with either WR, he does know Evans pretty well too...

OP
kfran

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know and I had already said I realized it wasn't the same but they do know each other very well. It was just a thought and it seems someone else had it as well. On a side note, I'm not the walrus in case anyone was wondering.

Got it :9:

Hercule

With A Happy Refrain
Reaction score
If the cornerback and receiver know each other well on and off the field, who does it usually benefit more? I would think it's the receiver.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom