Bills Lee Evans looking forward to facing Jabari (1 Viewer)

If the cornerback and receiver know each other well on and off the field, who does it usually benefit more? I would think it's the receiver.

If the cornerback and receiver know each other well on and off the field, who does it usually benefit more? I would think it's the receiver.

I think it would depend on who the corner was and who the receiver was. In this case, it would probably be a wash because they both are very good.

The X factor may be that Jabari also knows Trent Edwards and his tendencies.

Yeah, it was Detroit and Philly, but our CBs have played well. Calvin Johnson got his only big catch after Porter got hurt and Jenkins came in. DeSean Jackson got his long TD off of a Harper miscue.

If the Bills can run the ball, we could be in trouble. If they can't........:1zhelp:!!!

Both Porter (2008 combine) and Greer (Tennessee Pro Day) were timed at 4.37. Greer was a track runner (star) at Tennesee also.

Greer has more refined cover skills but Porter seems to be getting there (pretty good to begin with). Every week should be fun to watch considering the secondary horrors of last year.

if you watch the porter combine 40, he's slowing at the end.. he didn't run full out the whole way like a track runner.
there speed, id' still say is fairly close though.

Hopefully we can limit Lee Evans on his usual 2-3 receptions a game.

Does anyone else not get why we play sides instead of match ups? I know any pre snap motion gives away if we are playing zone or man, but other than that I don't get it.

If I'm a D coordinator I'd want my best CB shadowing their best WR, kind of like how Revis shadowed Andre 2000 and Moss.

Does anyone else not get why we play sides instead of match ups? I know any pre snap motion gives away if we are playing zone or man, but other than that I don't get it.

If I'm a D coordinator I'd want my best CB shadowing their best WR, kind of like how Revis shadowed Andre 2000 and Moss.

Technique is consistent and therefore easier to get right everytime. Your movements for inside or outside technique are going to be the same every time. You get used to seeing routes the exact same way.

i played S & CB in HS and I have to say it was different for me playing on the right side CB as opposed to the left side CB (i started games at both sides). I felt much more comfortable playing on the left going into my back peddle and its possible and probable these guys have a certain side they feel a little more comfortable playing on as well. Also i dont think either of our starting CBs is THAT much better than the other to the point where we should put a certain guy on a certain WR. Now maybe if Jenkings shows us something we can use him on bigger WRs and maybe even some TEs like Gonzales instead of putting Shanle or Fujita on him which just is asking for trouble when a guy named Celek gets 100 yds Gonzales might break a record.

Don't think it'll be harder to cover him than any other receiver in the league .. What I'm looking forward to though is Greer on press coverage vs. T.O. with Sharper over injuring T.O.s haircut, nails, ego or something else that's been keeping him out of games earlier.. A two touch a game T.O. is no T.O.

I think Lee Evans is definantly the biggest threat. He's the sort of blazing fast, quick WR who could potentially expose our safeties. It's a good test for them, better then Desean Jackson was because Trent Edwards will be a lot more effective at getting him the ball then Kolb was for Jackson (past that 1 pass).

I worry about a big play early that forces Harper to back off and gives the Bills running game some room to operate.

truthfully if this a one on one matchup... evans will burn him...but...

trent needs protection

Both Porter (2008 combine) and Greer (Tennessee Pro Day) were timed at 4.37. Greer was a track runner (star) at Tennesee also.

Greer has more refined cover skills but Porter seems to be getting there (pretty good to begin with). Every week should be fun to watch considering the secondary horrors of last year.

Linc on Porter please...I recall him running a 4.44. I think Greer is a 4.5 guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom