Bills Lee Evans looking forward to facing Jabari (1 Viewer)

I don't see anything wrong with what Lee Evans said. He didn't say "I'm gonna burn that sucka" or anything like that.

Sounds like he's just looking forward to the opportunity to line up against an old friend / familiar face and see what he can do.

Here's hoping that Greer holds him in place though.

I think Lee Evans is definantly the biggest threat. He's the sort of blazing fast, quick WR who could potentially expose our safeties. It's a good test for them, better then Desean Jackson was because Trent Edwards will be a lot more effective at getting him the ball then Kolb was for Jackson (past that 1 pass).

I worry about a big play early that forces Harper to back off and gives the Bills running game some room to operate.

I agree... the Saints have been doing a pretty good job stopping the run with the front 7 (especially in Detroit) allowing them to stay in those shell coverages on 1st and 2nd down.

The biggest way to neutralize Evans and the explosive pass plays... and I said this before the Eagles game, as well... is to get out to an early lead. It'll be tough for the Saints to get into the end zone on their opening possession for the 3rd week in a row. But if they can get a decent lead and take the Bills out of the running game (as they did with Detroit and Philly in the 2nd half), then they'll be able to get into that shell coverage on 1st and 2nd down, pressure with the front 4, and then mix things up on 3rd and long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom