Bill's pass defense is bad (1 Viewer)

Jackson is very good and I like him.

Lynch is highly overrated. Thomas has a career average of 4.8 a carry. Bell is over 5 a carry this season so far.

Lynch has averaged 4.1 a carry in his career. He is not elite in any sense of the word. Jackson is your best RB.

They are a great combo...Jackson is a slasher, doesn't dance around a waste energy...Lynch, however, is a beast...he'll punish tacklers and he won't go down on contact, has a nose for the goal line. We still don't have a rushing TD...Lynch being back in week 4 will help. How's Bell, is he out?

They are a great combo...Jackson is a slasher, doesn't dance around a waste energy...Lynch, however, is a beast...he'll punish tacklers and he won't go down on contact, has a nose for the goal line. We still don't have a rushing TD...Lynch being back in week 4 will help. How's Bell, is he out?

Still don't know, but if I had to guess right now I would say he is a no go on Sunday.

Seriously.......does anyone look at the game log or the game?

The Bills have played two games thus far:

Double digit lead in BOTH games for a very long time during the game.

They allowed one big play after another because they were UP BIG....the pass defense is NOT as bad as the stats read. I watched part of the Bills game flipping through the channel and they had just a few 1st stringers in the 4th quarter of the Bucs game where they gained over 100 yards of the passing yards to pad the numbers.

The Bills have held a double-digit lead for around 32 minutes out of 120, almost all of them against Tampa. The Pats weren't down by 10 except for about 3 minutes and they passed for 400 on you.

Passing yards are really an overrated way over measuring passing defense success. A much better way is to look at defensive passer rating or adjusted net yards per passing attempt. Both of those stats consider passing TDs and Int. In addition, adjusted net yards per passing attempt considers sacks and sack yards. You can throw for a 500 yards per game if you were given enough attempts and be picked 5 times and sacked 5 times in the process. You look good in the yardage department, but in reality you had a bad game.

Ranking per http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2009/opp.htm

Defensive Passer Rating:
Bills - 18th
Saints - 1st

adjusted net yards per passing attempt
Bills - 16th (3 way tie)
Saints - 7th

I wouldn't say they were bad, just a bit below average.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom