Bill's pass defense is bad (1 Viewer)

Stick around and get an education. I've seen levels of stupidity that were previously unknown to man.

Somebody needs to start a "nickname the typical SSF poster's level of stupidity" thread.

they have the second worst pass defense in the league. Drew should have a pretty good game against them this week.

Sorry if this has already been posted. Please delete is so.

I'd say these stats are pretty misleading. Their D hasn't played bad.

Seriously.......does anyone look at the game log or the game?

The Bills have played two games thus far:

Double digit lead in BOTH games for a very long time during the game.

They allowed one big play after another because they were UP BIG....the pass defense is NOT as bad as the stats read. I watched part of the Bills game flipping through the channel and they had just a few 1st stringers in the 4th quarter of the Bucs game where they gained over 100 yards of the passing yards to pad the numbers.

Thank you.

The Bills played the Patriots, who pass on nearly every down (especially when they were losing the whole game) and the Buccs, who we went up 14-0 in the middle of the 1st quarter on, and they had to play catch up the rest of the game.

Jesus.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in stats. Every team needs to be taken seriously on its own merits. Do not look pass the Bills, they are not the Lions.

Stick around and get an education. I've seen levels of stupidity that were previously unknown to man.

Somebody needs to start a "nickname the typical SSF poster's level of stupidity" thread.

Boy I hope you received an infraction email ~ !

:9:

Why is this even an issue? Their defensive stats don't tell the whole story just like ours don't. We are doing the same thing we get ticked off about when other people do it to us.

Thank you.

The Bills played the Patriots, who pass on nearly every down (especially when they were losing the whole game) and the Buccs, who we went up 14-0 in the middle of the 1st quarter on, and they had to play catch up the rest of the game.

Jesus.

So the Saints defense is bad, when both of their opponents were down by at least two scores (and sometimes three scores) for most of the second half. Let me get this straight... garbage yards count against the Saints' defense, but not against the Bills'.

Got It!

With the weather slated to be showers and windy, I think they'll have mother nature on their side this week. It's gonna be a good test to see just how well our Oline performs in opening holes for our RB's.

What scares me the most is that with it raining, the long pass is going to be limited. That means a lot of dink and dunks down the field, which is usually where Bush comes into play. The screen pass didn't work well for us last week and Bush gets happy feet every time he touches the ball. You can't do that on a slick field. Here's to hoping PT can pick up where he left off last year and bust a few 10-15 yard runs!!

I don't see us putting up 40+ points this week, which the media will quickly jump all over and say we aren't for real. Based on what I know about the Bills (which honestly isn't much) I'll go out on a limb and say final score: Saints 27 Bills 17

they have the second worst pass defense in the league. Drew should have a pretty good game against them this week.

Sorry if this has already been posted. Please delete is so.

Agree 100%

I expect a 20+ plus Saints win... seriously. Yes, they should have beaten the Pats, but have you seen the Pats this year? Not the same Pats everyone in the media is trying to make them out to be.

And they beat Tampa?

Sean & Gregg will have our guys ready. this is a veteran team now... No let down...

Saints 45
Bills 17

Drew throws for 5 TDs this week.

We rush for 160

So the Saints defense is bad, when both of their opponents were down by at least two scores (and sometimes three scores) for most of the second half. Let me get this straight... garbage yards count against the Saints' defense, but not against the Bills'.

Got It!

Where did anyone say that? I thought this was about the Bills D?

Receiving
REC YDS TD LG
R. Moss 12 141 0 31
W. Welker 12 93 0 14
B. Watson 6 77 2 18
K. Faulk 6 51 0 16
L. Maroney 2 9 0 7
C. Baker 1 7 0 7

REC YDS TD LG
K. Winslow 7 90 1 42
M. Stovall 3 80 0 38
C. Williams 7 56 1 15
M. Clayton 2 27 0 23
J. Stevens 3 24 1 9
S. Stroughter 1 10 0 10
D. Ward 1 5 0 5
E. Graham 1 3 0 3
C. Smith 1 1 0 1

Over 2 games the Bills have allowed the following to TEs:

17 receptions for 198 yards (11.6 YPC) and 4 TDs

Chalk up a big day for Jeremy Shockey

Boy I hope you received an infraction email ~ !

:9:

I didn't insult anybody and I didn't call anybody out. If I get an infraction I'll give it a good nickname though. You'll notice that, around here, we nickname everything.

We need a thread to nickname the tendency to nickname stuff.

How many people here get pissy when the "experts" only look at the final stats and make assertions about our defense? That is exactly whats going on here.

I agree 100%. I understand that most people do/will/can not watch other team's games, but don't be hypocritical. Buffalo has a good secondary (if McLovin plays). Their starting corners can match up with us, but I am not sure they are deep enough to cover well enough if we go four wide. Plus I am not a fan of their scheme. They play Gibbs defense, that is they play 7-10 off the WRs whether they bring pressure or not and they get shredded. I think they could be a jamming team and throw off timing routes to go with pressure and be affective. I question their scheme, not the talent. IMO they have not faced anything like Brees yet. Brady still looks "off" right now. Leftsandwich is not a good QB and has a haymaker windup. Plus Tampa's WRs are not better than average.

If I am the Bills I put pressure right up the middle (rush 5) and jam the WRs at the line. I am hoping that Shobel has a good game (he seems to be very hot and cold game to game). I would jump routes like they seem to always do and get pick sixes. It is uncanny how good they are at take ints. to the house.

Another area of concern for them is their middle defense in the passing game. With Poz being out they took a step back. I think he replacement is a bit short. I would expect Shockey to have a good game. If Moore plays I think he has a big game too (weather factors aside).

i think the OP fell into the same trick media falls into. both games opposing qb's racked up a lot of garbage yards. new england had 2 late scoring drives when the bills d was playing prevent. then bucs were down right when the game started. we know our pass D isnt "bad" but the stats show kolb and stafford with a lot of yards(mostly garbage yards).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom