Billy Miller (1 Viewer)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I guess I have been out of the loop but what is going on with Billy Miller? I know he was hurt last season but for some reason I thought he was back this year? Did he get cut and I just missed it?

He was a free agent, no one signed him... I think the drafting of Graham marked the end of Miller's time with us.

I just checked the NFL site and he's listed under historical players, not current players. So maybe he retired. :idunno:

Here's an article from July: http://www.examiner.com/new-orleans...where-has-the-saints-tight-end-disappeared-to

It mentions the following:
The big-name players always get a decent retirement with a press conference and speech. Sometimes they even have two or three or four of those. Sorry, Brett Favre. Those considered mid-level players by the "experts" will get a small article when they sign with a team for one day to retire in a uniform they love. Joe Horn did that earlier this year by retiring a Saint. If Miller doesn't end up being signed by another team then this will be considered his retirement, and sadly not a word will really be said about it.

So basically, since no one signed him, he's "retired" unless some team decides they need a tight end. I don't know that you'll find more than that. He's pretty much in limbo -- unless he actually filed papers for retirement. And I wonder if he did file papers since he's listed in the historical player category on nfl.com.

Wow, you have been gone a while! Didn't you seem him make the big defensive play last week? Ol' Red has been moved over to defense to play safety while Sharper is hurt. He played over 20 snaps at strong safety against Dallas, sharing time with Boo Williams and Mark Campbell, who have also been moved to defense.

They arent listed on the official Saints roster that can be viewed by anyone on the Sants webpage, but that's because they are our secret weapons, and secret weapons don't have to be reported.

Wow, you have been gone a while! Didn't you seem him make the big defensive play last week? Ol' Red has been moved over to defense to play safety while Sharper is hurt. He played over 20 snaps at strong safety against Dallas, sharing time with Boo Williams and Mark Campbell, who have also been moved to defense.

They arent listed on the official Saints roster that can be viewed by anyone on the Sants webpage, but that's because they are our secret weapons, and secret weapons don't have to be reported.

Believe or not I don't spend 24 hours a day keeping up with Saints info. I see MOST of it but every now and then one slips through. When I read Drew's SI story I saw Miller's name and wondered whatever happened to him. Like a fellow poster above said, I guess the "quiet" retirement had him slipping through the cracks for me.

I appreciate all the responses that actually didn't include sarcasm.

Believe or not I don't spend 24 hours a day keeping up with Saints info. I see MOST of it but every now and then one slips through. When I read Drew's SI story I saw Miller's name and wondered whatever happened to him. Like a fellow poster above said, I guess the "quiet" retirement had him slipping through the cracks for me.

I appreciate all the responses that actually didn't include sarcasm.
That's OK. I don't spend 24 hours a day keeping up with Saints info either. I've gotta get some sleep some time and I'm pretty sure dreaming about Saints news doesn't count as keeping up with it... :mwink:

That's OK. I don't spend 24 hours a day keeping up with Saints info either. I've gotta get some sleep some time and I'm pretty sure dreaming about Saints news doesn't count as keeping up with it... :mwink:

Believe me there was a time when it consumed me. But now that I have two little ones, I just don't have the same free time that I used to.

Here is a tweet from Billy Miller right after Jimmy Graham was drafted

@BillyMiller83: Thanks for all the B-Day wishes, Wife planed a great day, kids gave me art work, and saints replaced me! Well 2/3 ain't Bad!! LOL

I guess he knew the writing was on the wall. I honestly thought the Saints would hold on to him after how well he did in 2008 but I suppose that's what happens with injuries like he suffered. Great player and I wish the best to him.

I guess I have been out of the loop but what is going on with Billy Miller? I know he was hurt last season but for some reason I thought he was back this year? Did he get cut and I just missed it?
Billy runs Elite Athletics in Westlake Village just outside of Los Angeles. They train NFL players, college players, and wannabe NFL and college players.

Reggie trains there in the off-season as well as Marshawn Lynch and Lorenzo Booker.

from his facebook on Nov 12th http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/billymillerUSC

and I pray, too.
I thought he was a great TE that really stepped up, and hoped he would get a chance but he had some tough injuries! I got respect for the man I just don't think he'll be back, but you never know... He wants to play for the Saints and has the ability so if there is an injury they could bring him in for depth.

Unemployed. Funny thing is...after we drafted Jimmy Graham Billy tweeted "Saints just signed my replacement" .....it's true.

I thought he was a great TE that really stepped up, and hoped he would get a chance but he had some tough injuries! I got respect for the man I just don't think he'll be back, but you never know... He wants to play for the Saints and has the ability so if there is an injury they could bring him in for depth.

maybe when we need someone like they brought back Mike McKenzie. These were moments that mean so much to me.

We have players who spent an entire season on IR (like some of our Rookies) and it's alright, they come back the following year. Why is that that some players can't? Billy has done so much, I don't know whatelse you can do to support your team while being on IR. We carry 4 TE, and think about it, we have Humphrey who is actually a back-up. It's too late now but they could as well have brought Billy back, he is more experienced, and he's got strong ties to the team. And he had fun doing all the locker room interviews, and the Billy Miller blogs, and there are all the charity events he participated in, too. Last time I left New Orleans I thought I was going to die and nothing hurt as much as that and I've been through a lot. Now imagine the pain Billy must feel who misses the team mates and the Dome, the lights in the Dome, the fans cheering, the company of his team and the locker room he calls family.
If anyone from the Saints staff reads this, kind regards to the Coach, he means the world to me, and I love you to death Sean Payton, you're my hero, and I believe you will do something, just like you did last season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom