Bioshock Infinite (1 Viewer)

IThe game is basically a well argued indictment of Objectivism from beginning to end.

Meh, the game does to Objectivism what Rand herself did to collectivism. It assumes the worst and then creates a world that creates that worst case scenario. The game is no more fair to real Objectivism than Rand was to the American governmental system. Beyond that, I'm not sure why the creator thinks that Objectivism is any more likely to lead to this dystopia than any other form of government. The danger of science going too far is there under any governmental system.

As for the game itself, while I appreciate that it tried to do something different with the story and the setting, the actual game play mechanics were pretty boring and the map system didn't work all that well. I want new and inventive games as far as story telling, but I also want the game play to be good. Bioshock succeeded in telling and inventive and interesting story with interesting visuals, but the game play was meh.

If you say so. It just seems strange (to me) to say that it's just like every other FPS, simply with different art or pants or whatever.

It was from a first person POV and you shot things, but you seem to spend a bulk of the game hitting people with wrenches and using some interesting plasmids. In my opinion, that was pretty outside of the norm, but maybe I haven't played enough FPS games?

Putting the plasmids with the art/style/setting and the (I thought) interesting story, it just seemed different to me. Agree to disagree I suppose.

If you say so. It just seems strange (to me) to say that it's just like every other FPS, simply with different art or pants or whatever.

It was from a first person POV and you shot things, but you seem to spend a bulk of the game hitting people with wrenches and using some interesting plasmids. In my opinion, that was pretty outside of the norm, but maybe I haven't played enough FPS games?

Putting the plasmids with the art/style/setting and the (I thought) interesting story, it just seemed different to me. Agree to disagree I suppose.

it was different in the sense that you had the plasmids and whatnot....but at the end of the day, you were still just running around shooting bad guys....i mean, Halo is different than other FPS if you take into account the futuristic weapons and armo(u)r lock, but it's still a FPS at heart

you want something different in a FPS try Mirror's Edge....that game takes the S out of FPS and throws in parkour....i wasn't a huge fan but that is "different from the norm"

Yeah, I played Mirror's Edge for a bit, it wasn't for me. I don't know if it was the controls or my error, but there were some sections where I found the timing and button combinations very frustrating/annoying.

Plus, it never grabbed me in the way that it did others.

i just went and picked up the first one from gamestop for $8. the video review on IGN said if you played it on one of the tougher difficulties and didn't just try and finish it as quickly as possible that it's got about 20 hours of gameplay. i guess that makes it a good deal no matter if i like it or not

i'm about through with the first one.. and i don't see how anyone could say this is just another FPS with different pants on. i kill more people using plasmids than guns (chunking things at people with telekinesis is pure awesome). it's unlike any FPS i've ever played and it's probably got the best atmosphere of any game i've played.. period.

i'm all excited for Infinite now

9 out of 10

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/za_5mfuVTlY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the past week I've picked up Crysis 3, Gears of War: Judgment, and the minute Infinite comes out, I'm getting it.... Granted I know the worlds are unrelated to this game, but Bioshock 1 and 2 were 2 of the best games I've ever played, not just for the gameplay, but for the plots...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom