Bioshock Infinite (1 Viewer)

I might be in the minority here, but I couldn't even finish Bioshock 2 because I thought it was boring. I did however think the first Bioshock was one of the best games I'd ever played with some of the best atmospheres I'd ever seen in a game. This is what makes me worried over this third one. Is it going to lose that creepy but retro balance of atmosphere? Am I going to be wrapped up in the story like I was in 1 but not in 2?

Edit: I realize now reading back through this thread that I already said this on page one. My bad.

I might be in the minority here, but I couldn't even finish Bioshock 2 because I thought it was boring. I did however think the first Bioshock was one of the best games I'd ever played with some of the best atmospheres I'd ever seen in a game. This is what makes me worried over this third one. Is it going to lose that creepy but retro balance of atmosphere? Am I going to be wrapped up in the story like I was in 1 but not in 2?

Edit: I realize now reading back through this thread that I already said this on page one. My bad.

What I liked most about Bioshock 2 was how I played the game affected the ending... one of the few game franchises that has ever elicited any kind of emotion from me...

Some of the different endings... (spoiler alert if you haven't played/finished Bioshock 2)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/umjiulz-wcE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I never played the second one, but had similar feelings about the first. This might assuage your fears:

Joystiq &#8207;@joystiq 1h
BioShock Infinite features "one of the best told stories of this generation." The Joystiq Review: BioShock Infinite review: Of lions, lambs and liars | Joystiq &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;

I have a copy of Xcom and (It's claimed) the first Bioshock for PC through Steam if anyone wants them.

Got them for preordering but already have both games. First to PM me their email with which game they want get's it.

Quick draw!

Still have the first Bioshock.

If Buzd beat me to the punch or requested the same game, give it to them. I have several games I still haven't played and shouldn't be greedy :)

I never played the second one, but had similar feelings about the first. This might assuage your fears:

Joystiq &#8207;@joystiq 1h
BioShock Infinite features "one of the best told stories of this generation." The Joystiq Review: BioShock Infinite review: Of lions, lambs and liars | Joystiq &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;

Yeah, the second got amazing reviews also and I just couldn't get into it. I could have missed it already, but is Infinite going to be a stand alone game that you don't need to have really finished 2 to play?

Yeah, the second got amazing reviews also and I just couldn't get into it. I could have missed it already, but is Infinite going to be a stand alone game that you don't need to have really finished 2 to play?

Yeah, supposedly it takes place in an alternative reality. You might miss some cameos and easter eggs but none of the story is needed. I was the same way with the second game. I loved the first one but never could finish the second.

I thought the second game didn't get very good reviews. I really liked the first one, but completely skipped the second one based on the reviews. After reading that joystiq review, I may be getting this one.

It's totally unrelated to BioShock 1 and 2. Ken Levine has said that BioShock is a series about ideas and philosophies, not recurring settings and characters. Also, he had nothing to do with BioShock 2. It was a cash-in sequel pushed solely for financial reasons.

My reaction was Whoa when i heard the line:

Yes it is a spoiler

"Isn't she the prettiest white girl you've ever seen?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom