Birch Beer (1 Viewer)

I guess since I'm from not too far away from PA Dutch country that's why we once made birch beer in elementary school. I hated the taste then, I hate it now. But I've always confused it with root beer. I do think we were all titillated thinking we were drinking beer.

"The primary difference between birch beer and root beer is in their primary ingredient. ... Nowadays, root beer is made of an artificial extract because the sassafras tree is banned for use in the human diet due to the carcinogenic effects. Brewers use birch trees' oil, twigs, and root to make birch beer."

"Birch beer is significantly more complex and tastier than root beer. ... Root beer, made in a similar way but from the root of the unrelated sassafras tree (or, more often, synthetic extracts designed to taste like sassafras), tastes heavy, leaden, artificial, and cloyingly sweet in comparison".

With how foul language is autocorrected here, I thought this was birch, as in a female dog. I was like

At first I thought that was an alcoholic beer in a 2 Lit. I wouldn’t mind trying it. Can you find it local?

in the DC area you used to be able to get it pretty easily

not the case any more I haven’t seen it in a store for years

bundaberg is made with ginger. it is simply forking awesome.

root beer is made from synthetic sarsaparilla.

birch beer is actually made from nature, birch bark. unfortunately, birch beer just tastes terrible.

bundaberg is made with ginger. it is simply forking awesome.

root beer is made from synthetic sarsaparilla.

birch beer is actually made from nature, birch bark. unfortunately, birch beer just tastes terrible.

We have Foxon brand birch beer up here, I'm a big fan. I love the sharp bite it has.

drank many a gallon here
1632597086255.png

and here
afrost3.jpg

better than barqs, better than rex, better than sassafras

One a similar note, has anyone tried a ginger and root beer mixed? I was just wondering if it’s a thing since what we love is the bite. Google assures me it is a thing.

drank many a gallon here
1632597086255.png

and here
afrost3.jpg

better than barqs, better than rex, better than sassafras
Loved frostop

easily my favorite root beer

there was one general store that sold it here and went out of business

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom