Bird Box (Let the Spoilers Begin) (1 Viewer)

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Didn't see a thread, maybe I missed it, if so please merge.
I just watched this last night and thought it was very good. Netflix is doing a very good job making movies. This movie is definitely worth watching. Reminded me a little of The Happening, but with much better acting. Plus my favorite genre is post apocalyptic, so this was an excellent movie, IMO. Some people don't like movies that don't tell you all the answers, but I like movies that do not have to explain every detail and leave it open to imagination.

Mamba

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought it was ...meh. Definitely not worth the hype.

And Sandra Bullock is 26 years older than the guy who played her love interest.

Twenty-six.

I mean, kudos to her. She can pull it off. But...weird casting decision.

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The show may have been the best set up for a joke in movie history. Acts 1 and two were pretty ok, but act 3 loses it. Capping off with the most hilarious punch line, finding a school for the blind in the middle of a forest. Cool concept, beyond difficult to suspend disbelief. The acting was pretty good.

Last edited:

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The whole movie felt like an M Night Shyamalan movie. Without the twist."
school for blind in the middle of a forest? It was actually a comedy disguised as a horror. M night Shamalamadingdong indeed.

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm glad they didn't show us whatever the things look like, because in nearly every movie involving aliens/mystical creatures/whatever it's usually a let down to see that whatever cool thing you imagined seeing actually now looks like some cheap awful CGI bullshirt. I appreciate the restraint.
Yep, Blair Witch worked because they never showed us the Witch. It was the last movie to scare the shirt out of me.

Anyway... How come these visions couldn't come in the house?

OP
OP
bigdaddysaints

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought it was ...meh. Definitely not worth the hype.

And Sandra Bullock is 26 years older than the guy who played her love interest.

Twenty-six.

I mean, kudos to her. She can pull it off. But...weird casting decision.
actually that made more sense. In an Apocalyptic scenario, you are kinda limited on who your love interests are. its not like she had a choice who she could be involved with. had it been someone her own age, it would actually be less likely with the events that took place.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
actually that made more sense. In an Apocalyptic scenario, you are kinda limited on who your love interests are. its not like she had a choice who she could be involved with. had it been someone her own age, it would actually be less likely with the events that took place.
this
her options were him and ...him

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
So I got sucked into watching it and I liked it but felt a little frustrated.

Creature thoughts: Maybe because I had The Happening in my mind the whole time, I just assumed there was no set of 'monsters' but more of Mother Gaia striking back. The first patient Sandra Bullock sees is on her cell phone. Then her sister's phone rings in the car, seemingly triggering her episode. Havent read the book but it seemed like a pretty straight knockoff of the Happening.

Malkovich - the highlight. He reminded me of Chuck in Better Call Saul - he's the one person that is objectively correct in his observations and judgments about what's happening in front of him but he's such a jerk he gets sidelined/criticized by the "good" characters.

Also, was anyone else thinking there might be Walking Dead crossover at the end, when it was "Rick" giving directions on the radio?

I give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Malkovich - the highlight. He reminded me of Chuck in Better Call Saul - he's the one person that is objectively correct in his observations and judgments about what's happening in front of him but he's such a jerk he gets sidelined/criticized by the "good" characters.
good call
Also, was anyone else thinking there might be Walking Dead crossover at the end, when it was "Rick" giving directions on the radio?
what's the opposite of a good call?

Mamba

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is a movie about people whose eyes turn black and kill themselves after looking at demon creatures. I don’t think it should be that hard to suspend belief and buy the suggestion that she might meet someone born at least in the same decade.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is a movie about people whose eyes turn black and kill themselves after looking at demon creatures. I don’t think it should be that hard to suspend belief and buy the suggestion that she might meet someone born at least in the same decade.
But where?how?
She met that guy bc they ran to the same house when everything turned to ****
As far as we know there were blind people at the sanctuary, roving bands of psychos, 2 adults and 2 kids
I’m not sure Tinder was all that active as the story progressed

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
But it is pretty hard to suspend disbelief in finding a hidden school in the middle of a forest with no sense of direction. If they are just giving out the directions over the airwaves, how come the lurkers aren't prowling the area? It's hard to believe they made it down the river only crashing once. It's hard to believe after spending two acts of the movie proving the importance of Being John Malkovich that they trust some people they find on a scanner. Hard to believe Tom would by pass the urge to kill himself to kill the final lurker. The whole suspension of disbelief fell apart in the third act. There were more issues with suspending disbelief, but I can't bring myself to rewatch this mess to remember them all. I'm just glad they found that school, because I haven't had a good laugh like that in a while.

Mamba

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
But where?how?
She met that guy bc they ran to the same house when everything turned to ****
As far as we know there were blind people at the sanctuary, roving bands of psychos, 2 adults and 2 kids
I’m not sure Tinder was all that active as the story progressed
I think you’re misunderstanding my point. I’m referring to the casting decision. They easily could’ve casted “Tom” with an actor 15-20 years older than the guy who actually played him (who was born in 1990). Bullock was born in 1964. I just think it’s pretty odd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom